• facebook
  • twitter

Photo

Installing remote central locking to brand new Polo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 londonfog

londonfog

• 7 posts
  • Joined 19-May 11

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:10 PM

Hi guys. So I recently purchased a brand new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 S, 5 door. It has central locking (from the physical key), but no remote central locking from a fob key (and I couldn't justify to myself paying £1500 extra to get the SE model, which has remote central locking and air conditioning). I was just wondering if anyone knew how easy it would be to install remote central locking, and where I could get the parts from or where I could get it done. I would ideally like genuine Volkswagen parts, but I've no idea where I could get them or if you can even buy them at all. I've seen universal central locking kits on ebay for around £25, but I've no idea if these would even work with my car, or if they are any good. I would appreciate any advice/comments as I'm sure you guys know a lot more about it than me. Thanks smile.gif

#2 londonfog

londonfog
  • Topic Starter

• 7 posts
  • Joined 19-May 11

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:37 PM

Nobody? sad.gif

#3 ToG

ToG

• 58 posts
  • Joined 13-November 09

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

I've added it to a 6N and it was fairly easy. I have no idea about genuine parts but i used an RClick kit. http://www.rclick.co.uk/
All i had to do was wire it to the central locking pump, get key blanks cut, get a transponder coded to use the key. Check out Rclicks site and ask them.

#4 timomer

timomer

• 21 posts
  • Joined 01-November 07

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

hey londonfog,

snap here, same as you with a new mk8 polo, I'm currently looking at this kit: http://www.rclick.co...products_id=671

Can anyone at club polo advise?

#5 londonfog

londonfog
  • Topic Starter

• 7 posts
  • Joined 19-May 11

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (ToG @ Tuesday 24th May 2011 - 10:51am) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've added it to a 6N and it was fairly easy. I have no idea about genuine parts but i used an RClick kit. http://www.rclick.co.uk/
All i had to do was wire it to the central locking pump, get key blanks cut, get a transponder coded to use the key. Check out Rclicks site and ask them.

Can anyone explain how to get to the central locking pump on a new model polo? How easy is it to get to?

#6 voteforpedro

voteforpedro

• 87 posts
  • Joined 11-June 10

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (londonfog @ Thursday 26th May 2011 - 7:57am) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ToG @ Tuesday 24th May 2011 - 10:51am) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can anyone explain how to get to the central locking pump on a new model polo? How easy is it to get to?

Usually behind the carpet trim around the O/S tail light in the boot. There will be a few plastic things securing the carpet to the chassis - pull these out and pull the carpet away. The central locking pump should be there in a polystyrene case. I don't know for certain if this applies to the Mk8 but in all VAG cars I've ever owned, it's been there. smile.gif

#7 EnthusiastOwned™

EnthusiastOwned™

I do it so the girls drop their sexy panties...

• 3,474 posts
  • Joined 07-February 07

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:59 AM

Brand new cars don't come with remote central locking? confused.gif

#8 nige8021

nige8021

nige8021

• 5,202 posts
  • Joined 01-August 10

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:24 AM

Your model does'nt use a vacuum central locking system, it's all electric and adding remote locking will not be an easy job with aftermarket items like the Rclick systems, as the locking is controlled by the central convienience unit (body control computer)

Club Polo and the Club Polo website are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Volkswagen AG or any of it's worldwide subsidiaries or associates.
Copyright © Club Polo 2013