Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kote_alex

1.9 SDI 6N

Question

The engine is pretty high mileage , over 200K ... what thickness do you recommend so it wont rattle so much ...

Thanks !

4 answers to this question

Hi, id recommend using a good premium oil like castrol edge 5w40 fully synthetic turbo diesel oil. But before you renew your oil and filter put an engine flush in and run the car for about 5-10mins when hot and this will get all the crap out of your engine..drain then refill with the new castrol oil. :)

Hi, id recommend using a good premium oil like castrol edge 5w40 fully synthetic turbo diesel oil. But before you renew your oil and filter put an engine flush in and run the car for about 5-10mins when hot and this will get all the crap out of your engine..drain then refill with the new castrol oil. :)

how much oil do I need ? over 4 L ? for a 1.9 ?

okey ... I knew that thing with heating the oil before draining it ...

the problem I'm facing is that currently the car runs 10w-40 Castrol Diesel .... and it eat a bit of oil until it warms up ...

so I should put something more think like 20-60 ... right ?

Edited by kote_alex

i think its 5 litres, yeah you could use that oil but i always use the castrol 5/40 in my tdi and mines done 166,000 and never seem to have any problems. :)

i think its 5 litres, yeah you could use that oil but i always use the castrol 5/40 in my tdi and mines done 166,000 and never seem to have any problems. :)

okey ... thanks ...

as for the 5w-40 ... I'm afraid I might lose oil through the valve seats ... and until I can afford an engine rebuild , I'll use something a thinker .