Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dan the breadvan man

mk3 gt fuel pump not working!

Question

My fuel pump on my 91 gt has stopped working, just wondering if there a common fault or what could be the cause, iv checked my fuse and relays and they seem to be fine, just thought id see if anyones had this problem. iv not really looked into it yet, not had the time yet.

nice oneee

4 answers to this question

check the fuse for starters mate, its the fuse thats on its own, a modern fuse unlike the ones that are in the fusebox, its a yellow fuse 20 amp i think iirc, it should be situated on its own amongst the wires in the scuttle tray near the fuse box. also they dont like to be ran out of fuel this can also have killed the fuel pump if you have ran the car out of fuel?. can you hear the pump prime when you turn the ignition on??.

mark.

They are very easy to jam. If you can, pull the connector off and wire it to run in reverse. The brown wire is earth so put 12v on this connection. Earth the other one. The pins are the right size to use a female spade connector.

check the fuse for starters mate, its the fuse thats on its own, a modern fuse unlike the ones that are in the fusebox, its a yellow fuse 20 amp i think iirc, it should be situated on its own amongst the wires in the scuttle tray near the fuse box. also they dont like to be ran out of fuel this can also have killed the fuel pump if you have ran the car out of fuel?. can you hear the pump prime when you turn the ignition on??.

mark.

yeah iv checked the fuse thats ok, yeah it has ran outa fuel, no cant hear it priming atall on ignition

dan

They are very easy to jam. If you can, pull the connector off and wire it to run in reverse. The brown wire is earth so put 12v on this connection. Earth the other one. The pins are the right size to use a female spade connector.

cheers for the help mate

dan