londonfog

Installing remote central locking to brand new Polo

Question

Hi guys. So I recently purchased a brand new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 S, 5 door. It has central locking (from the physical key), but no remote central locking from a fob key (and I couldn't justify to myself paying £1500 extra to get the SE model, which has remote central locking and air conditioning). I was just wondering if anyone knew how easy it would be to install remote central locking, and where I could get the parts from or where I could get it done. I would ideally like genuine Volkswagen parts, but I've no idea where I could get them or if you can even buy them at all. I've seen universal central locking kits on ebay for around £25, but I've no idea if these would even work with my car, or if they are any good. I would appreciate any advice/comments as I'm sure you guys know a lot more about it than me. Thanks :)

7 answers to this question

Nobody? :(

I've added it to a 6N and it was fairly easy. I have no idea about genuine parts but i used an RClick kit. http://www.rclick.co.uk/

All i had to do was wire it to the central locking pump, get key blanks cut, get a transponder coded to use the key. Check out Rclicks site and ask them.

I've added it to a 6N and it was fairly easy. I have no idea about genuine parts but i used an RClick kit. http://www.rclick.co.uk/

All i had to do was wire it to the central locking pump, get key blanks cut, get a transponder coded to use the key. Check out Rclicks site and ask them.

Can anyone explain how to get to the central locking pump on a new model polo? How easy is it to get to?

Can anyone explain how to get to the central locking pump on a new model polo? How easy is it to get to?

Usually behind the carpet trim around the O/S tail light in the boot. There will be a few plastic things securing the carpet to the chassis - pull these out and pull the carpet away. The central locking pump should be there in a polystyrene case. I don't know for certain if this applies to the Mk8 but in all VAG cars I've ever owned, it's been there. :)

Brand new cars don't come with remote central locking? :?

Your model does'nt use a vacuum central locking system, it's all electric and adding remote locking will not be an easy job with aftermarket items like the Rclick systems, as the locking is controlled by the central convienience unit (body control computer)