Welcome to the newly designed ClubPolo community

We've been working hard over the last few weeks and we're finally ready to show you the newly designed site! Our site is beautifully responsive and mobile friendly. Features including responsive drop down navigation, integrated with the powerful Swiper which is a modern touch slider!
Any issues/errors please report via the 'Bug Tracker'. Thank You.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
polo-shuff6n

Hammerite Hammered Finish Silver Grey, for alloy wheels

Question

will Hammerite Hammered Finish Silver Grey, be ok for my alloy wheels, there kerb, and laqure peel, and need respraying, will the hammerite work, then laqure over the top?

chears Ben, or can i just use silver spray then laqure?

11 answers to this question

dont want to laquer over hammerite

best just pick up some wheel silver spray...bang it on and job done , no need for clear coat or nothing on top

hammerite will look like you have hammerited your wheels. not a good look.

yeah not a good look imo especially hammered finish! i woudl get some spray paint and do it half decent!

p.s. love the display pic currie :lol: :lol:

lmao that hammerite spray paint is crap do you lot actually use it on your rims

Hammerite gives a crap finish. Get some regular metal paint.

you'll have to do it the hard way and rub them down and the only paint i have come across that gives factory type colour and finish is "5 wheel silver" and you don't have to laquer it afterwards, joe

chears fella's, i also looked at the '5 wheel silver' and I'm going to go get some today. Didnt relise what finish hammerite gave, chears lads.

Hammerite's basically a tough paint for applying to rusty surfaces on stuff that you don't really notice. Don't get me wrong, it's great for things like suspension struts, but for anything showy, don't bother.

try using engine enamal, you can spray or brush it on, can clear laquer over the top too for extra shine. used it to do my wheels as its been to cold to spray paint outside! apply with a fine artist brust, dont be temted to use a 1" decorators brush as it will ruin the finish! once the whole wheel is painted gently heat the wheel with a heatgun. once dry wet flat if the finish isnt smooth enough, buff up with t-cut or proper cutting compounds, then give them a polish and admire! with a bit of practice you can get a finish almost as good as spraying! no need for primer either!

sprayed an old set of alloys with cat black spray paint which is used on jcbs and such. Bomb proof finish!

FFS just use any normal silver paint that you like the look of.

Hameraite hammered looks like craxking paint.

My BBS were done with hammerite for a quick fix and look fine. Although i agree cans are much better choice, dont ask my why i didnt spray them!

Dont bother rubbing them doww just put Nitromorse on them and itl strip the paint down to the metal in minutes :)

Check my blog on my wheel refurb if u want

Peace