Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
StringsOnFire

Guide: How To Install OEM Remote Central Locking In A Polo 9N With Original Parts

Sharki
7 minutes ago, RoyTheBoy said:

I have no idea then, hope someone on here can sort it for you. If got key that you know works. There's a vcds Facebook page too but they tend to block users that use fake leads.

The rosstech website shows yoy how to do it. Im just chating 2 an auto locksmith who said bring it down and he will try it.

RoyTheBoy

That's good then, he should have his own equipment to get it paired and if not ask if he can try pairing one of his key fobs if possible, you never know.

Sharki

I have tried both vcds way and the manual way still not working. Tried different soft coding and at the end settled for 00017 and still no luck. The keyfob is from a fabia vrs and the ccm is the E version. With vcds wen i click on central conv, then adaption, then i delete old keys on channel 00  and go to channel 01 to program the key it says at the top current number of keys: 1, does this mean that it hasnt deleted the old keys?

Anyway after i program the key, rosstech says press the UNLOCK buttonf which i do and when i do press it i hear a faint click from the ccm.

Loosing my rag with this car.

Sharki

Got it all fixed. Not sure if it was my vcds or the remote fob.

RoyTheBoy

Well done getting it all working, it's a pain not knowing exactly what is was but least it's working now. I'm thinking of getting a lead and vcds but I won't be paying what Ross tech charges for them, I want to change mine to autolock at 10mph and I have to press unlock twice to unlock all doors, I'm not too bothered about it though.

Pete1
27 minutes ago, RoyTheBoy said:

I won't be paying what Ross tech charges

The registered version of VCDS Lite will do that for you (was playing about with mine a couple of days ago, doing the opposite of what you plan to), so just the cost of a compatible lead, and the USD99 registering fee, (a smidge under £80 today).

Edit, I should just add (having seen that your car is a 59 plate), it works on a 9N and a 2005 9N3, but I've never tried doing anything on a really late 9N3.

Edited by Pete1

RoyTheBoy

Thanks Pete, I've had a look at the vcds lite and think it's 2005 and older that it works on, a bit of a gamble for my one, might try a cheapo one off ebay or if anyone has one on here they don't need anymore.

Pete1

Finished my install just now, after a bit of bother with the final stage. 2005/05 plate 9N3.

Got the control unit in OK, and coding matched to the old one.

Got keys cut from an ebay seller, the code tag was still on one of the original keys so I didn't have to do it by photo. They're plated brass rather than steel, which was a tad disappointing but not a big surprise.  Did a bit of deburring under a microscope to clean them up a touch, and will keep an eye on the wear rate.

Carefully transferred the ID48 immo chip across from one of the old manual fobs.

Last step was the one I struggled with. This bit:

9. Now time to program the remote.

a. With driver's window down and all doors closed, put the old key in the ignition and turn the electrics on.
b. Lock the driver’s door from the outside with the fob key.
c. Press unlock on the remote, wait a couple of seconds and press it again

I (mis?)interpreted step b. as meaning lock it using the lock button on the RF remote fob, then unlock it using the unlock button, then pressing unlock again.

That didn't work for me on either a cheapy Chinese RF 3-button fob off Amazon or a claimed-to-be-genuine one that was £18 or so off ebay.  Was just about to give up in disgust when I though I'd try doing step b. differently.  Maybe it's obvious that I misread it, in hindsight, but what worked for me was locking the doors using the key of the RF remote fob, not the lock button, then pressing the unlock button once, then again.

As a bonus, the boot unlock button works too, which I wasn't quite sure about without perhaps doing some other coding.

Thanks to the OP, and all other contributors. 😁

RoyTheBoy

I got the vcds now and managed to get all doors unlocked instead of just unlocking drivers door, also I got it to lock doors after go over 10mph and to unlock when remove key. Now all i want is when I lock the doors if I long press the unlock button for the windows to close, it works if I use the key, hold in in the lock position and all windows close but can't find anything on vcds that will do it on the remote key. Least I got the most important thing done.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.