Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Hurdy

Hurdy's 6R Polo GTI

SAMBA VAN MAN
Car was £20k and plan on spending another £10k on tuning and visual mods. I was going to get a Golf, but liked the look of the chunkier Polo more 8-)

£30k? :shock: Where do you work and can I have a job? :lol:

Sheffield and no! :-D

Looks nice 8-) are you going to carbon wrap the rear boot handle aswell? I ordered my 6R at weekend but it won't be with me until March next year :-( Could i ask if i lower my polo and fit differant wheels would this effect the warranty? I noticed that you fitted big brakes where did you get these bad boys from they look awesome :-D Have you seen the video on you tube of these 6R's with an auto lifting boot how do they do this?

Keep up this great thread

Paul :-D

Hurdy

Ah well, I knew I wouldn't be able to resist for too long. Did some deeper investigation today about a hybrid turbo. New OEM turbo is £1100 +VAT and then looking like another £XXX for hybridising and then £XXX for custom software.

£XXX means basically I don't know how much yet.

With the rest of the planned hardware mods (intercooler, intake and water/meth) I'm looking at somewhere between 270bhp and 300bhp, but where between those figure is anyones guess :lol:

To put this into perspective 270bhp on a 1.4 is the equivalent of 385bhp on a 2.0 litre car and 300bhp on a 1.4 is the equivalent of 428bhp on a 2 litre car - without internals!!!!

Edited by Hurdy

Hurdy
Looks nice 8-) are you going to carbon wrap the rear boot handle aswell? I ordered my 6R at weekend but it won't be with me until March next year :-( Could i ask if i lower my polo and fit differant wheels would this effect the warranty? I noticed that you fitted big brakes where did you get these bad boys from they look awesome :-D Have you seen the video on you tube of these 6R's with an auto lifting boot how do they do this?

Keep up this great thread

Paul :-D

Yes, the rear badge will get the same treatment as the front. I'm currently debating whether or not to do the red stripes in carbon and the GTI badges.

Lowering the Polo will affect the warranty, but only for the suspension. The engine interior and bodywork warranty should remain unaffected.

I bought the TAROX brakes from TAROX UK, but Awesome GTI and JKM both can supply them.

The boot pop needs dual struts and VCDS coding to do, similar to the MKV Golf boot pop mod. Info below. :-)

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.ph...ic,24344.0.html

dirt_monkey

What turbocharger do you have on there at the moment?

Hurdy
What turbocharger do you have on there at the moment?

Just the normal OEM turbo.

The hybrid will involve a donor OEM turbo with uprated internals (bearings etc), compressor wheel and machined housing. 8-)

demolover

Is the hybrid created from the OEM turbo the best/only way to go? Is there anything else available? I know nothing of these engines and obviously tuning something that is more or less brand new means it will be pretty cutting edge. Just thinking out loud really.

Looks really good and the spec looks like it will be fantastic.

Well done to you.

Edited by demolover

Hurdy

There are a few other options. Garrett and Loba 0270 turbo's would make a good match up. 8-)

Hurdy

Another little mod for today...

Wrapped the two front grey plastic sections with the carbon wrap to see what they look like. Not bad actually. Livens the front end up too. 8-)

OEM

DSC00348.jpg

Wrapped

DSC00352.jpg

OEM

DSC00350.jpg

Wrapped

DSC00349.jpg

Close up on the car

DSC00354.jpg

KieranLeighton

this is just getting more mental everytime! looking good, this is a monster!

Hurdy

Okay, a couple of pics..

1st one is a daylight pic of how the car looks now.

DSC00359.jpg

2nd one is the look I'm going for on the front end - suitably mean and moody look

pic3blackedoutredandbadge.jpg

Hurdy

Changed the front strips today.

Original red

redfront.jpg

New Black

CFfront.jpg

Matt-VNS

Take the GTI badge off, it might make the front end more discrete.

Hurdy

Another mod completed....

RNS510 with Bluetooth. Looks like it was designed for the Polo GTI Fascia as well as the black gloss surround matches perfectly. Works perfectly with the MFSW and Park reverse sensors. Also has the speed camera locations and speed limits as POI's on screen. Lovely bit of kit.

RNS510.jpg

Hurdy

Dropped in to Awesome GTI UKMKIV's dyno day this morning and thought it would be a pity to not pop it on.

225 bhp and 274lbft - not bad for a 1.4 with just a remap and an exhaust towards performance 8-)

Hurdy

A couple of arty shots I took on the way over to the dyno day 8-)

Morning19112011v2web.jpg

Morning19112011noregweb.jpg

SAMBA VAN MAN

Looking great Hurdy, Awesome GTI is just around the corner from where i work :-D Just as a matter of interest what size whels you got on the GTI I know they are 17" But whats the width and offset? I found out that the Monza Rims are 17" by 7.5 not sure what the offest is on those, maybe et40 like you said in my page. Also do you have any photo's of how the radio bezel comes out. Anyway keep up the great work with this GTI as it is inspirational to us all 8-)

Hurdy
Looking great Hurdy, Awesome GTI is just around the corner from where i work :-D Just as a matter of interest what size whels you got on the GTI I know they are 17" But whats the width and offset? I found out that the Monza Rims are 17" by 7.5 not sure what the offest is on those, maybe et40 like you said in my page. Also do you have any photo's of how the radio bezel comes out. Anyway keep up the great work with this GTI as it is inspirational to us all 8-)

The alloys are 17" x 7.5" and ET36. ET40 would also be a good offset for 7.5" alloys.

I don't have any photo's of how the radio bezel (surround) comes out, but I'd suggest that you use a trim removal tool. It only clips in and isn't hard to pop off, you just need to have a trim tool about 1" wide to lever it off by working your way around the edges. 8-)

Hurdy

Another mod hit the car today. Polo GTI ITG intake. The first production one after the development one.

Makes a nice throaty sound without being too intrusive. Should be on the dyno again on Thursday to see what difference it makes. 8-)

IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0257.jpg

IMAG0258.jpg

demolover

Awesome work. No corners cut and some serious stuff going on.

Big fan and i hate new cars :-)

Hurdy

Just a mini mod for today. Changed the rear badge for a red GTI version. 8-)

Front badge will get the same treatment when it arrives.

Arrives in a template so you can't get the individual letters misaligned, which is a nice touch by the maker.

DSC00383.jpg

Fitted.

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

redGTIbadge1.jpg

Hurdy

Had the car on the dyno at Statllers again today. The first dyno with the ITG intake on. Impressive is the key word here for the ITG.

The only mod between this and my last dyno run at Statllers and today's is the ITG

Stock airbox/filter - 220.5bhp and 232.5 lbft

ITG intake - 236.0bhp and 267.9lbft which is an increase of 15.5bhp and 34.4lbft

Getting there 8-)

DynoRevostage2intakeexhaustplugs.jpg

SAMBA VAN MAN
Had the car on the dyno at Statllers again today. The first dyno with the ITG intake on. Impressive is the key word here for the ITG.

The only mod between this and my last dyno run at Statllers and today's is the ITG

Stock airbox/filter - 220.5bhp and 232.5 lbft

ITG intake - 236.0bhp and 267.9lbft which is an increase of 15.5bhp and 34.4lbft

Getting there 8-)

Those 6pot calipers that you have will they fit on any of the MK8 Polo's and where did you buy the kit from? Do they do many performance parts for the 1.4 16valve? Can you convert the rear drums to calipers or is it a right ball ache?

Hurdy

The kit is designed specifically for the GTI, but the kit will fit under any 6R Polo as long as the alloys are 17" or over. Some 17" alloys may also need spacers if they don't have decent spoke clearance.

I bought the kit from TAROX UK HQ as they were a test fit, but you can get them from JKM or Awesome GTI

I'm unsure if it is easy or not to convert the drums to discs, but it can be done for sure.

Which performance parts are you interested in?