Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Hurdy

Hurdy's 6R Polo GTI

harris.racing

Golf sounds sick, love how you buy decent quality things etc too, costly but sick results, 3.8 to 60 must surprise a few people off traffic lights lol!

Hurdy

Had a Loba L0400 on the Golf R and current results are...

3.4 to 60, 8.5 to 100 and 11.89 for the quarter mile.

Probably fast enough now!! LOL

Hurdy

Had a Loba L0400 on the Golf R and current results are...

3.4 to 60, 8.5 to 100 and 11.89 for the quarter mile.

Probably fast enough now!! LOL

Oh well, didn't find it fast enough and so over Christmas and the new year the r will be treated to some internals and a bigger turbo!

500bhp FTW. ;)

• Like 1

Hurdy

Setting the scene....

A damp private track in backwoods of Yorkshire, the air rank with the odour of exhaust fumes and stretching out in front of you a thin sliver of gnarled black, damp, partly muddy, Tarmac curving gradually uphill into the distance. The gearstick snicked into manual mode and the ESP turned off, revs build and you are off..........the nearly worn tyres slip and grip, your head and eyes go funny with the G force and...........

6fd001ae3726bc0de7febe4878730879_zps1a69

Not bad to say it isn't even set-up fully yet the bum dyno said more power and the software calculates out at 447bhp. There's definitely more than spring pressure by the looks of it. 1/4 mile figures when I can after set-up.

• Like 1

Hurdy

Headline figures are.

Dyno run - 465whp = 511bhp

Santa Pod = 11.46 @ 120.15mph (UK record for a MKVI Golf R)

0-60mph = 3.1 seconds

0-100mph = 7.6 seconds.

8>)

pitchpolo94

What's it like when the skin from your face touches the back seats. That is quiiiiccckkk

TommyTse

Hello!

loving the car I'm thinking of getting one but i just want know if you still got the car and how has it been since you got it?

also you upgradin the radio did you have to put a new radio code for it to work ?

thank you

jbee

Hey I'm having a ball ache getting my upper grill off, could you tell me how to release the clips?

Buggirl

Lovely!

Buggirl

Well, I ordered some 3M carbon fibre vinyl on a bit of a whim to see how the front badge would look. The aim was to protect the badge and to have a little practice to see if I liked the effect.The front grille came off easily enough - 2 screws and 10 plastic clips. The top four clips are undone by pressing a flathead screwdriver (protected by electricians tape on the end) through the four oval holes. Once the top clips are out you can see four of the six plastic lower clips. Undo four of these by pressing down on them with the screwdriver and the other two will pop out with a little persuasion.When the grille is off the badge has a back section on it which can be simply unclipped gently by hand. The badge section is held by 3 main clips and these need to be rotated clockwise as you look at it from the rear of the grille. Before you can rotate it the two lower clips need to be released by opening up the clips till they slide over the angled locking slide.The front chrome part of the badge is then separated from the grey plastic rear housing by undoing the clips (of which there are a lot!) one by one and gently but firmly levering the front off as you go.As they say - fitting is the opposite of removal A few pics...OEM grille DSC00333.jpgBack section removedDSC00334.jpgAngled locking slideDSC00336.jpgSeparated front and rear badge sectionsDSC00337.jpgGive plenty of spare film around the badge so it can fold over the edges.DSC00339.jpgCut and stuck before slicing the centre sectionsDSC00340.jpgWrappedDSC00342.jpgMounted back on the grilleDSC00343.jpgand on the car (bit dark)nose1.jpg

That wrap is the dogs! Got to do that!

mad-dean

Headline figures are.

Dyno run - 465whp = 511bhp

Santa Pod = 11.46 @ 120.15mph (UK record for a MKVI Golf R)

0-60mph = 3.1 seconds

0-100mph = 7.6 seconds.

8>)

Surely you'd want a 10 second car

Yousniff
On 23/11/2011 at 16:56, Hurdy said:

Just a mini mod for today. Changed the rear badge for a red GTI version. 8-)

Front badge will get the same treatment when it arrives.

Arrives in a template so you can't get the individual letters misaligned, which is a nice touch by the maker.

DSC00383.jpg

Fitted.

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

redGTIbadge1.jpg

Hello pal, lovely gti you had, I just got myself one and I was wondering where you managed to get your Red badges from?