Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
kevin20v

Candywhite 6R

kevin20v

He guys,

I just wanted to share my polo, it has recently been lowered on Eibach Prostreet coilovers and then got me some Superturismo's

GroteFoto-NRCXJFLQ.jpg

GroteFoto-3CLSOOEK.jpg

GroteFoto-6RYPLZCH.jpg

GroteFoto-7ZRSLU4Y.jpg

The rest of the car is stock except for the Scirocco Steering wheel, more updates soon!

chadders

Looks flipping sweet man

AJ_7

Looks awesome that mate! Been a long time fan of the Superturismos and they suit the 6R really well :)

kevin20v

Thank you! I'm really into the look of the Superturismo's as well at the moment! :-D

Here are 2 rolling shots we took yesterday;

414698_398203093545701_100000680403947_1

469492_398201713545839_100000680403947_1

:p

jamesagordon

What kit did you need to fit your coilovers? Was wondering if I'd be able to do it just with a jack and axle stand or if I'd need to use a ramp? I'm hoping it's not too difficult I got told the newer polos are a bit of a pain to get the shocks off

LiamMk6Polo
What kit did you need to fit your coilovers? Was wondering if I'd be able to do it just with a jack and axle stand or if I'd need to use a ramp? I'm hoping it's not too difficult I got told the newer polos are a bit of a pain to get the shocks off

"Eibach Prostreet coilovers"

Fitting coilovers can be done on axle stands of course :) If the new polo's have a Macpherson struts at the front then you undo the 3-4 bolts holding the strut on (Found in the engine bay under the honeycomb cover) then when your cars jacked up take the wheel off, undo the bolt through the strut and hub, jobs a gooden pull out the strut, swap all needed parts over and replace with coilover (At correct height before fitting of course). As for the rears, changing the spring are easy (If its a fixed axle, most vw's are) Then undo the damper to axle bolt, then jack up the car and the spring should fall out, take all boot trims out and undo the top of damper, then fit the new coilover kit, swopping all rubbers, making sure they are greased up to increase life. Make sure they are adjusted before putting them on. Saves alot of time messing around.

Hope this helped,

Sorry for jacking your thread!!

Liam

kevin20v

Yeah they actually are quite a pain to do, I did mine on a lift and took out the complete spindle, as it was easier fitting the coilovers on the workbench with a vise and airtools.

Foto-SBVPY3VU.jpg

"Le me in action"

Foto-UKGB4ZFF.jpg

and done:

Foto-XYIWUI4I.jpg

But it is certainly possible to mount them with the car on jackstand :thumbsup:

Edit:

np Liam, thanks for explaining, as English is not my first language I have to lookup words like vise and spindle etc. LOL

Edited by kevin20v

jamesagordon

Wicked cheers guys!

Cars looking smart by the way I love the wheels! What else you got planned for it?

kevin20v

Thanks!

I'm looking into a foil for the roof that matches the color of the wheels, and I'm contemplating on getting a Whiteline rear arb

LiamMk6Polo

You would like Dark Grey Vinyl rap? Ebay you would be able to find some, but best let a shop do it. :) ARB Good choose ;) Handle even stiffer then!

kevin20v

Some new pictures from last weekend!

467958_404594459573231_100000680403947_1

460895_404594436239900_100000680403947_1

470820_404594469573230_100000680403947_1

jack92

these mk8s really do suit a motorsport style wheel, love to see one on a set of rota slipstreams

kevin20v

yeah, that would have been my other wheel of choice! :unibrow:

Phayth

looking good mate! are they 17's or 18's? thanks :)

DanRaistrick

I've got a mk8 and planning on getting my coilovers in the next few weeks, as far as you know are there any restrictions on how low you can go? (in regards to catching ARB drop links) etc?

I'm wanting to slam mine on some x5 wheels, they're 18's but should look mint if i get it sat right

Cooki3

That thing looks sweet man..

Mart!n-GTI-DK

Did you do any modifications to get the Eibach coilovers to go that low or is that just how low it goes without mods???

AlexDiliberto

He guys,

I just wanted to share my polo, it has recently been lowered on Eibach Prostreet coilovers and then got me some Superturismo's

GroteFoto-NRCXJFLQ.jpg

GroteFoto-3CLSOOEK.jpg

GroteFoto-6RYPLZCH.jpg

GroteFoto-7ZRSLU4Y.jpg

The rest of the car is stock except for the Scirocco Steering wheel, more updates soon!

Looks dope as man. What size wheels and tires you running?

Buggirl

Looks awesome!