Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Der Ghopmeister

14th Of April 2013 Polo Treffen Holland

Der Ghopmeister

Here the date for 2013! put it in your calendar. More info comes later.

Boys from polo3.co.uk who this year were at our meet wants to come again with more people from polo3.co.uk.

Therefore we are announcing this early to have enough time to organize the trip.

524594_394756807223919_267454923287442_1

more info soon at our Facebook page polo treffen Holland

a few photos of 2012

img1487846715.jpeg

img1487846701.jpeg

img1487846693.jpeg

img1487846691.jpeg

img1487846676.jpeg

img1487846629.jpeg

resize_DSC_8276.jpg

See you!!

For more info and pics www.polotreffen.nl

p3kano

Me and a few others from polo3 went to this back in April and I've gotta say it was an amazing experience :-D

So for next years event we'd love to try and get as many polo clubs from the UK involved...over on polo3 where gonna get a planned rd trip together so we can experience more of europe,,we also may look at a trip over to germany to whilst where over there..so a bit later in the year we will get a plan together and some prices up so you can get an idea on costs..

Heres a little video of our trip accross there,,hope you enjoy it and will give u an idea of the event itself....

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go..._13441925188434

p3kano

Over on Polo3 I'm starting to look into the trip now and as we enter the back end of the year il be starting to book the accomadation and planning the full route of the rd trip..

Once the meet is over then the rd trip will begin,,we are planning on a trip to Wolfsburg then a drive back through some european countries....Il keep this updated as and when i get more info on this or you can follow it on a few other polo forums....

Polo3

http://z8.invisionfree.com/POLO3/index.php?showtopic=15674

Mk1 polo club

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mk1_Polo_Club/i...?showtopic=3860

Polotreffen.nl

http://www.polotreffen.nl/

:D

p3kano

Right I've been intouch about some accomadation for the rd trip,,and we are going to be staying at the same place in Holland again this place...there will be about 14 places for the log cabins,more then that and you might have to be in a tent....

http://www.barendonk.nl/index-uk.php?page=...mp;lang=english

I've still got to book a nights stay in Germany and France but I'm onto that now..

Il be booking the accomadation very soon,,i will require a £50 deposit from each person going,I'm afraid this deposit will NOT be refundable so you need to be 110% sure you can do this...

Over on polo3 il be starting a list so if you wanna be part of this amazing experience then get your name down...

A few dates to put in your diary :rolleyes: we get the ferry Thursday 11th April 2013,,arrive in Holland Friday 12th then stay over till Monday 15th ,,drive to Germany where we stay over for a night till 16th,,then travel back through europe and stay a night in France till 17th,,then ferry back to the UK...

Thank you

Edited by p3kano

mark_crox

I know a few people have been on about doing a bit of a European trip so this would be ideal. Especially as it includes a trip to Wolfsburg

Me and the misses are still planning on going. So come on guys it will be good to get a few more of the RHD polo's over there!!

jonPDpolo

Cash dependent and what not I'm interested, though is my mk5 too new :lol:

mark_crox

well I think the show is up to mk2F's but it doesn't people going! :)

Jake Ellis

I'd be up for this :) ill be 18 just! Anyone have a rough price on how much it would cost? Obviously I know it will be roughly because of different situations but I want to know before I start saving :) oh and ill proberly be in a Lupo unless a buy a polo before then :)

Frascano
I'd be up for this :) ill be 18 just! Anyone have a rough price on how much it would cost? Obviously I know it will be roughly because of different situations but I want to know before I start saving :) oh and ill proberly be in a Lupo unless a buy a polo before then :)

Yesssssssss!

jonPDpolo

Fair do's, I'll just annoy everyone by going there and back on one tank :lol:

mark_crox

Fair do's, I'll just annoy everyone by going there and back on one tank :lol:

fair enough... :-p

should be a good laugh..

B-shaw

I wanted to do this.. BUT. MIVW just seems the better choice..

p3kano

Nice to see some interest :-D ,,I've a few updates to let you know...

The accomadation in Holland is this place http://www.barendonk.nl/index-uk.php?page=...mp;lang=english a really nice place to stay,,i can book 4 of the camping cottages 2x 4 persons 2x 5 persons,,so theres up to 18 spaces in the cottages and a few have already been taken,,there is also plenty of camping space if you fancy a tent,well once the 18 places have been taken you might have to bring a tent.

Where now looking at spending an extra day and night in Wolfsburg,because we have to leave the camping cottages in Holland by 11 am its then a 4 an half hours drive to Wolfsburg,,,so realistically it doesnt really give us much time to enjoy Wolsfburg as we start the journey back early the next day so now we can stay an extra day and night so where not just doing a quick dash there..but at the mo I'm still trying to source some cheap accomadation in the area,and also accomadation in France..

If you do fancy going heres some info that maybe of use to you:-

So if your 18 and over and hold a full UK driving license then you can drive in Europe,,also you must check with your insurance that you are covered to drive in Europe,cause if you dont inform them then your insurance is invalid,and you must carry all your car paper work..

Holland Age to drive is 18 years old

Germany Age to drive is 18 years old

Belgium Age to drive is 18 years old

France Age to drive is 18 years old

http://www.2pass.co.uk/ages.htm

Driving abroad in Europe also requires you to carry certain equipment..

Self Breathalyzer kit (France only)

Red warning triangle

First Aid kit

Fire Extinguisher

Viz Jacket

Light converter kit/spare bulbs

GB sticker

Some prices from when i went in April..It wont be cheap,,i suggest you get someone to share the trip with you,,especially as the ferry is based on 2 people in a car...the trip just gone cost me £150 for the ferry (i shared with my m8 so thats £75 each) thats from Hull to Rotterdam then back Calais to Dover,,cost me about £130 in fuel (again shared that with my m8) but that wasnt going to Germany so that could rise a fair bit...the log cabins are £12.50 per night per person,and these are 4/5 sharing a log cabin also an extra 3 night accomadation around europe,,,then theres spending money i took 300 euro's,,but i came home with near 100 euro's...

Remember these prices will change by next year and will also change if you fancy doing this as a rd trip over or planning just the day over for the event,,just another thing to if your doing this as the full rd trip where planning on starting the rd trip from Hull as this has the over night trip over to Rotterdam,if you cant make Hull there is other ferry ports that will go to Rotterdam but these do the day trip if you dont fancy the night trip,so you may have to sort an extra night in Holland depends which day you leave..if you'd like to do the rd trip i will require a non refundable deposit of £50,as this will be securing your accomadation so you need to be 110% sure you wanna do this....

Also if you come in a car thats not mk1,mk2 mk2f polo you will be shown a different car park :lol:

Il post more info as it happens

Edited by p3kano

koolspot

wow! this is very interesting sounds like an awesome trip.

I'm going to do some research and see if i can make it but because i live in london il probably go from dover on the train ( not ferry i get sea sick lol )

iv never driven abroad so have no idea what i need to do!! for someone driving abroad for first time on foreign roads whats it like?

will keep an eye on the topic - if there is anyone else going from london let us know and maybe go together or sort something out

:thumbsup:

p3kano

When we went as a group none of us had driven abroad before,,but to be fair after 5 mins you get use to it :-D

Been doing more research in accomadation in Wolfsburg and near Calais and tbh its hard trying to find anything like log cabins etc,and Hotels will be expensive,,so I've been looking into Hostels and found theres 1 in Wolfsburg and 1 in Boulogne that would be ideal for groups,,so I'm just finding out more details about them then il let you know on all the accomadation for the rd trip...

I've also recieved 6 Deposits so far on Polo3 so thats there accomadation sorted for the rd trip,,and theres only a certain amount of cabin space available for Holland and i have to book the cabins soon or i may lose them,,so you dont have long to decide

Edited by p3kano

p3kano

Right then guys for those who fancy doing this I've got a deadline date,I've been speaking to the owners of the log cabins in Holland and I've got to have the cabins booked by the 15th December..so remember if you fancy doing the rd trip then you've got to have paid your Deposit before that date,il only be booking cabins for those who have paid,,if you want to go after that date you probably wont get a cabin,but most likely get a tent pitch instead..

15th December :-D

m4ttyf

anyone else for this come on its a great chance to see europe and some really nice polos as well and the wolfsberg factory its only 50 quid deposit and it gives us a chance to shine at a foreign event instead of the same old british shows

p3kano

Heres a new flyer of the event thats come up on polo3

375841_487360707963528_1066850979_n.jpg

Not really getting much interest from anyone on here,,remember i have to book this in December,,so if theres anything your unsure about or need to know anything please ask me I'm willing to help out as best i can...

Thanks

kerrly

For people that wished they could go on a holiday with me, now is your chance :unibrow::wink:

p3kano

Heres a pic of the Indoor venue

223633_487544717934275_1433682061_n.jpg

We can have an area saved for us UK polo's,,we just need more polo's to go...

Mike I'm looking forward to it m8 :thumbsup:

Edited by p3kano

StinkyPete

i really want to go just not 100% sure if the polo will be ready by then hopefully it will as I'm itching to drive it now but i dont want to go book it and pay a deposit then not be able to go :(

p3kano

Thats it Pete,,you need to be 110% sure that you and your polo can do this trip,,,its a massive commitment but it will be worth every second of it..

Remember you dont have to do the full trip,if you just want to do the 86c polo treffen event then i can still sort out your accomadation in Holland,,,theres 6 weeks before i start booking things and we could really do with some more UK polo enthusiasts to get involved in this....so come on you guys :-D

Jake Ellis

who do i pay the deposit to?

Frascano
who do i pay the deposit to?

Me, Then il give the guy on Polo3, all 3-4 of us!