Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Winston

Mk2 Polo Cup Series pre 1983 G40?

Winston

I am hunting for some info on a Mk2 Polo cup or a similar race series. They used HK or GK engines with a Volkswagen Motorsport stamped alloy camcover and DCOE inlet manifold. they ran twin webers. All the info I can find is about them using the G40 engine in 1983.

Before Christmas I found alot of info and links but I lost them on my old PC and I have spent over a week trying to find the info again with no luck. I am ideally after some information on engine specs but any information on the series will be helpful.

Can anyone help me please? :-D

TurboPolo

There was this page: www.vwpolocup.de, though it seems to have changed lately. Dunno if you still find any info on the old cupcars.

Edited by TurboPolo

Winston

Thanks for all the help guys. Still struggling.

Interested in cam specs, head work or lightening and balancing etc

Mail Man G40

Have some info about the early 80's Polo Cup. The Cars had Solex carbs and 88 HP, more info I've to research from my info-collection. Roll cage and strut-braces by Matter, rims by Volkswagen Motorsport / Centra with the bis VW-insignia in colour red.

Matt-VNS

I've spoken to Chris Goffey (Top Gear presenter from way back) who participated in a race, he said they were properly nippy and cocked the inside rear wheel on most corners, bet they're a blast to drive on a track.

dvderlm

Blast from the past.

Polo cup cars had a 298deg camshaft with 12mm lift and 108 centreline

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4966762-TECH-Camshaft-and-Valvespring-info

298* camshaft measured @ .050" Polo Cup Series profile Techtonics copied and changed to 110*LSA
Advertised Duration: 298*
Duration @ .050": 254.99* (IN) / 255.15* (EX)
Valve Lift: .472" (12.0050mm (IN) / 11.9959 (EX)
Lift @ TDC: 3.942" (IN) 3.873" (EX)
Centerlines: 107.5* / 108.3*
Lobe Center: 107.9*
Valve Timing: 19.97/55.02 - 55.92/19.23
Valve Overlap: 39.2*

Rally bag

Any more info on this??? I’m looking to run a 1.3 with twin 40’s and a schrick classic cam

dvderlm

wintershall2a.thumb.jpg.9615e6c7d9cf122f92fef179942f7ff7.jpg