Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
performancevw

GT Genesis

performancevw

These looked good mate. Forgot to ask yesterday, what make 60/40 suspension are you Using? I'm looking for some that isn't harsh as hell (most cheap kits that I've ever bought have been like this). I've got koni adjustables on the wife's golf which seem good, and AP coils on the Audi. I've heard H&R cup kits are the best shock n springs for coupes, followed by AP's?......

thanks mate, the kit i have got is Ta technix but to be honest i had them on a coupe before and it wasnt harsh for me andcar handled well. H&R AND AP are very good kit if you can get hold of them.

wizardmanjm

very nice mate, its a lovely colour and love the classics...what size tyre did you use on the classics?

and was the lump swap hard?

performancevw

very nice mate, its a lovely colour and love the classics...what size tyre did you use on the classics?

and was the lump swap hard?

cheers, tyres i think were 175 50 13 but classics are sold now. sourced some different wheels above pictures, in process of refurbing them at the moment. Gt lump was all about labelling the wires and just swapping it all over to mine since it all came from a donor car with everything on it so did not have to buy things separately.

performancevw

All primered. Just need to sand them down wet and dry 1200 and then ready for paint. Satin silver maybe gloss silver. Not going for professional refurb here by the way just a quick refurb to get them ready for the polo.

Zq8azrH.jpg

darknights

These looked good mate. Forgot to ask yesterday, what make 60/40 suspension are you Using? I'm looking for some that isn't harsh as hell (most cheap kits that I've ever bought have been like this). I've got koni adjustables on the wife's golf which seem good, and AP coils on the Audi. I've heard H&R cup kits are the best shock n springs for coupes, followed by AP's?......

thanks mate, the kit i have got is Ta technix but to be honest i had them on a coupe before and it wasnt harsh for me andcar handled well. H&R AND AP are very good kit if you can get hold of them.

Should be taking delivery of my 60/40 Ta Technix kit tommorow. Ended up getting it from German ebay, if i dont get stung by import tax it looks to be a bargain! got it for £97 delivered!!! even if it only lasts a year thats not bad value ;)

your wheel look good too. I'm attempting to polish the lips on the RA's then gonna paint the centres silver. Got some hammerite direct to metal smooth silver to try, just debating whether to etch primer them first before silver spray?......

performancevw

Should be taking delivery of my 60/40 Ta Technix kit tommorow. Ended up getting it from German ebay, if i dont get stung by import tax it looks to be a bargain! got it for £97 delivered!!! even if it only lasts a year thats not bad value ;)

your wheel look good too. I'm attempting to polish the lips on the RA's then gonna paint the centres silver. Got some hammerite direct to metal smooth silver to try, just debating whether to etch primer them first before silver spray?......

I use primer to fill the little scratches and marks plus i think the paint will hold well if primed beforehand otherwise paint will only start peeling.

performancevw

custom made coin holder

IcMaghu.jpg

eTblUY1.jpg

wizardmanjm

That made from an old cup holder cassette thingy? Looks good

performancevw

custom made cup holder.. custom made coin holder all together

lwijxkT.jpg

OZ7pZzU.jpg

I2ANDLM.jpg

MuBWxcA.jpg

darknights

I want one of those cup holders! ;) was it easy enough to retro fit?

jonny s

class looking car!

MartinB

Do you mean 'custom-wedged'?

performancevw

I want one of those cup holders! ;) was it easy enough to retro fit?

holders came from a 6n2 as a pair in a plastic trim had to take each holders out of the tray. had to do some cutting on the plastics on the ashtray casing behind as well as on the dash, some glue, some tape, for both of them to fit nice and tight so that they dont move about or fall off.

class looking car!

cheers

performancevw

classics are on

post-6017-0-18903100-1445694729_thumb.jp

• Like 1

iFlakers

looks awesome man! Love the wheels

performancevw

RSL now + rear headrests on G40 seats

U4UG0YC.jpg

QCO26XF.jpg

ohMatriixHD

Nice looking car mate! Where did you get the rear headrests from? Think they'd look alright in mine. ;)84e27893e92e9a521e978c0ebcf9edab.jpg

performancevw

So after few years of having this GT converted (since 2013), i am revisiting this thread that I completely forgot about. Lots of changes has happened since I last posted. Will be bring this thread back to life soon... more pictures to come..

• Like 1

performancevw

Front fogs fitted and working via original switch

electric wing aerial fitted operated via separate switch

porsche centre caps

1FhM7Pxl.jpg

FfHSnO8l.jpg

qhoPXW6l.jpg

COmvdn4l.jpg

v2kIy3tl.jpg

Qwerty

The RSL's look great!