Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
rouletwilson

Wilsons Candy White 6r GTI

rouletwilson

Finally got myself a GTI!

Been looking about for a while after owning my 9n3 TDI for 3 years.

Ended up Driving to Lincoln to pick it up, and instantly I'm in love with the thing

Spec:

2012 Polo 6r GTI 180bhp

Candy white

RCD310 Headunit with parking assist

Comfort Pack

Connectivity Pack

Cruise Control

VW Hands free kit

Monza Shadows

Bi-Xenon Headlights with cornering assist

My current plans are to just enjoy the car and get used to it first.

After driving my 9n3 with rubbish TA Tecnix coilovers, this things luxury for me!

But in time I'm hoping to get some AP coilovers wacked on, Thinking about Merc or Porsche wheels, Custom Straight through exhaust and possibly take it to stage 2 (intercooler, intake etc.)

rouletwilson

A picture would be good! I'll take a couple more tonight

image_zpsf53d1346.jpg

rouletwilson

Well things have started happening with the GTi

Got myself a couple of ebay purchases, front splitter and carbon effect paddle shifters. Quite impressed with how both of them look!

image_zpsa88d2c26.jpg

image_zps00c58ce2.jpg

Also managed to swap my Dare RS Reps for some Artec 2piece splits, 8J fronts and 9J rear. Both ET35

Was worried they would be too wide at first but after a test fit i was happy with how they sat. Only problem now is they are very tight to the strut at the front so I'm worried they may not clear when i have coilovers on

Pics of the test anyhow

image_zpsa489fb6b.jpg

image_zpsc56829b0.jpg

9J isnt too bad, coilovers and stretch and they should sit nicely

image_zpsfdf678df.jpg

Candy Red <3

FK Silverlines on order from venom motorsport

Booked in for a CAT Back exhaust at Custom Pipes Doncaster today, ill upload a video of the differences

Plans next are to get some carbon fibre work done, Mate of mine at Power Projects (Find them on Facebook for flocking, wrapping etc, speak to Luke!) has started carbon skinning so hoping to get my splitter, rear diffuser and side skirts finished in the weave!

Cheers, Joshers

rouletwilson

Well Venom motorsport are useless, ordered FK Silverline coilovers over a month ago and heard nothing from them. Every time i called they just said they would call back with information... never called back.

In the end i just got my money back because the service i recieved was shocking. Rang DPM and he told me FK were having problems with machinery in germany... why couldnt Venom just tell me that?!

In the end i just ordered some H & R 35/55mm lowering spring, just needed some quick lows for VW fest, once FK have things sorted i will order the silverlines again and hopefully get them haha!

Pics to follow soon with springs & Wheels fitted

Olwal

Well Venom motorsport are useless, ordered FK Silverline coilovers over a month ago and heard nothing from them. Every time i called they just said they would call back with information... never called back.

In the end i just got my money back because the service i recieved was shocking. Rang DPM and he told me FK were having problems with machinery in germany... why couldnt Venom just tell me that?!

In the end i just ordered some H & R 35/55mm lowering spring, just needed some quick lows for VW fest, once FK have things sorted i will order the silverlines again and hopefully get them haha!

Pics to follow soon with springs & Wheels fitted

Looks awesome so far👍

Just got myself some 35/55 springs, it genuinely sits pretty well!

Unlucky on the service from venom too!!

Just wondering what splitter that is? I see them about but I don't know where to get one! And whether you have to take the oem splitter off that comes on the rline and gti😁 thanks

Edited by Olwal

rouletwilson

Oh thats good then! Just wanted a quick set of lows for VW Fest!

I got mine off ebay (link below) i didnt have to take anything off mine, just screwed it to the bumper

The pack comes with like M5 bolts but i scrapped them and went for grub screws. Hold brilliant

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPLITTER-FRONT-BUMPER-LIP-SPOILER-FOR-VW-POLO-5-/221325929557?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item33880dac55

Olwal

I got mine off ebay (link below) i didnt have to take anything off mine, just screwed it to the bumper

The pack comes with like M5 bolts but i scrapped them and went for grub screws. Hold brilliant

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPLITTER-FRONT-BUMPER-LIP-SPOILER-FOR-VW-POLO-5-/221325929557?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item33880dac55

Ah really, it's just mine has a centre plastic splitter type thing, did yours have it 👇

F74E3A47-3102-4400-8A9A-7C6613DFD4B4_zps

Sorry if I'm stealing your thread!👎

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Olwal

rouletwilson

Ah really, it's just mine has a centre plastic splitter type thing, did yours have it

Sorry if I'm stealing your thread!

Thanks for the help!

Ah i see! no mine didnt have that? Looks like the bumpers are completely different.

Mine has like 2 sort of points on the bottom of the bumper where as yours is pretty smooth and rounded

I Think the standard splitter on that looks good though! why not get the centre bit carbon skinned?

Olwal

Ah really, it's just mine has a centre plastic splitter type thing, did yours have it

Sorry if I'm stealing your thread!

Thanks for the help!

Ah i see! no mine didnt have that? Looks like the bumpers are completely different.

Mine has like 2 sort of points on the bottom of the bumper where as yours is pretty smooth and rounded

I Think the standard splitter on that looks good though! why not get the centre bit carbon skinned?

Too late🙈 I ordered the other splitter, it's just a couple of screws to take out the centre part of the oem splitter! Should be okay(: Thanks for the help!👍

rouletwilson

Been pretty busy lately! Got myself some H&R springs fitted. Really impressed by these, nice lows and really stiff for springs!

Went to fit my Artecs but they ended up leaking thanks to a really poor build from the previous owner. So had to strip them down and re-seal them myself.

Took the lips off to find hardly any sealant and paint between the faces. Had to remove all this, sand it back, tap all the bolt holes. Re-polished all the lips starting from 400grit right to 1500. Then onto autosol. To finish I bought some nice gold bolts!

Couple of pics

7CB679B2-FB09-43E5-8C70-0E6672AFE8FF_zps

109984FD-8091-49F7-A034-969B494FE8C8_zps

CD638D80-D88E-4EF3-AC51-D3D504EAEAB8_zps

491598C1-C4DF-4E85-BB4E-6130206BF8E7_zps

Gunna try get out tomorrow and get some better pics but enjoy!

Peace

Edited by rouletwilson

rouletwilson

image_zps72a124f1.jpg

• Like 1

tnyello

Hey mate, was wondering if you could give me the link to the paddle shifter and splitter :smile:

Also if its possible the yellow tints for the fogs!

Cheers mate

Edited by tnyello

rouletwilson
tnyello
rouletwilson
tnyello
rouletwilson

Been a while since I've been on here! Few things have happened: Forge blow off adaptor, Forge intake, Revo Stage 1 remap and Fitted some Mercedes Segins which I got powder coated in white; wrapped in 204/40 Toyo Proxes!

image_zps1a4fbd0a.jpg

image_zpsf4d114d1.jpg

Really want Bags right now! Might happen in 2015 but for the time being I hope you like!

rouletwilson

Forgot to add, a friend of mine is an official re-seller of Inspired Automotive products. Check out Shine and Drive on Facebook and Instagram or check the Website

http://www.shineanddrive.co.uk/index.html

Where I get all my products from, really great value for money and get some amazing results! Cheers!

rouletwilson

Well Its been a while since I've posted on here! Lots to update, lots of pics...

BC Racing coilovers fitted, 2.5" custom stainless exhaust, many different wheels and other mods too... I'll let the pics do the talking

Exhaust

image_zpsyckhrcli.jpg

Porsche wheels and car at Cumbria Vag

image_zpsgj8ra0lb.jpg

Corbeau Seats fitted

image_zpssdladp7q.jpg

RCD510 fitted

image_zpskj9swv6p.jpeg

Seats retrimmed by my mother

image_zpsklcpjdom.jpeg

312mm Front brake upgrade along with Black diamond discs and EBC yellowstuff pads

image_zps93c0z6oj.jpeg

Got some Rota Grids for cheap

image_zps0hcu6ccb.jpeg

Luke Harnesses ready for my next Nurburgring trip

image_zpsaajnnmod.jpeg

And finally the big one before UD... WRC Front bumper...

image_zpsiowntfb0.jpeg

And that brings us up to date, more to come after UD

wizardmanjm

Ooo nice seats and the WRC bumper was a nice surprise, can't wait to see that on. Looking awesome so far mate keep it up

rouletwilson

Ooo nice seats and the WRC bumper was a nice surprise, can't wait to see that on. Looking awesome so far mate keep it up

Thanks dude, yeah my mum did a good job!

• Like 1

rouletwilson

Update from this weekend:

How it started

image_zps7wkez3cb.jpeg

GTI off and WRC ready

image_zpsbcgl6lzh.jpeg

Bumper on and clean in progress for UD

image_zpsrwktdovt.jpeg

Matt From Shine & Drive Working his magic polishing some marks out my bonnet

image_zpsqcwhca3w.jpeg

Couple of pics from UD on Unorthodox Stand, Iphone quality so not great

image_zpslmespgxy.jpeg

image_zps1vtcbrqe.jpeg

If anyone got any pics at all please could you post them! If not, thanks for looking!

• Like 1

wizardmanjm

Wow. That makes all the difference right there. Now that looks mean lol

Lovely stuff, you coming to the polo social?

rouletwilson

Wow. That makes all the difference right there. Now that looks mean lol

Lovely stuff, you coming to the polo social?

Thanks man! When and where is it?