Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
6rline

MY13 Candy White R-Line

6rline

Hi Guys!

Had my R-line for over a year now and its a great car to drive! It's the 1.2 TSI version and for a small turbo charged engine, it's very nippy! Since owning it, i've had such a blast and it's been excitement everyday... looking forward to driving to work and coming home from work.. best part of the day lol.

First day i got it at the show room!

IMG_2394_zps79e79339.jpg

IMG_2397_zps3a3f614b.jpg

IMG_2402_zpsd0883f38.jpg

DSC_0264_zpsf7f85d23.jpg

DSC_0273_zps5de055a3.jpg

Anyway since owning the car, as usual i can't help myself but fiddle with the car as it's not really yours until you make it yours!

I started by trying a few performance mods which included Forge Motorsport Dump valve and a oversized pod filter..

DSC_0351_zpse5dc5207.jpg

These made the car run absolutely crap and constantly brought up lights on the dash. It also reduced power i found and in the end, i found running stock to be the most efficient.

But of course i wanted more power so i looked around the net for a few companies to do remaps but since the car was still fairly new, there wasn't much available. However over on another forum i found big fish tuning run by a guy called John who sorted me out with a remap. Power hike and torque was increased to about 138bhp but dont have a RR printout as i got the RR done elsewhere. The car now feels much more aggressive in 1st and 2nd and overtaking on the motorway is a doddle even in 6th gear.

Usual upgrades with the 6R including:

GTI top and bottom grills,

Bonnet bra,

LED side lights and Fogs,

Plastidip wind mirror caps,

Eibach Pro Sport springs 30mm/40mm drop,

Euro Sport Exhaust system (Backbox with mid section removed)

DSC_0687_zps4ad3abe8.jpg

DSC_0701_zps353874cb.jpg

DSC_0696_zps24af4417.jpg

DSC_0686_zpsf0e78c8f.jpg

IMG_3735_zps2c85028a.jpg

IMG_3737_zps9234e8ee.jpg

The exhaust system sound awesome! It's probably one of the best things i enjoy hearing everyday. Even though its not a DSG gearbox, if you change gear in certain RPM's and especially on overboost the car will pop and let off a DSG fart lol. I've done a few videos which can be seen here:

Videos recorded with GoPro Hero 3:

http://youtu.be/debROksu8Cs?list=UUtdvVCQLogjaDV0JEQElfJg

http://youtu.be/hsq51LLZurM?list=UUtdvVCQLogjaDV0JEQElfJg

Need to do a new video soon as i've since had a tune to take into a count of the exhaust system.

And finally my latest purchase was a set of Replica VW Projector Bi-Xenon headlights with 6000K HID's.

DSC_0835_zpseefb1634.jpg

DSC_0837_zps35ddcfcf.jpg

DSC_0862_zps86dc278c.jpg

DSC_0866_zps4c3f9d84.jpg

Next i'm thinking maybe a new set of wheels.. i did see some VW motorsport alloys in black for sale awhile back but unsure if i want to go for 17's.

6rline

Damn i've reached my bandwidth limit! you'll have to click on the pictures to see them i think.

Olwal

Sounds awesome!

Pictures don't work and I want to see this!

Could you give me a link to the bloke that did your map?

Thanks bud

Olwal

http://www.bigfishtuning.co.uk/

Call him, he's called John.

If you're thinking of going i will come down with you as i want another map done and a RR.

Ahhhh it's in Yorkshire!!😫 too far for me dude:/

Thanks though!

6rline

It's worth the journey! Plus it'll be a good cruise lol. I've just messaged him regarding re-tune prices and RR. If you change your mind, let me know.

Jay

13Rline

Aup mate, just bought my 5door rline and I'm on about doing the same mods as you really, I'm just wondering how much the exhaust cost you and did you fit it yourself?

LeeT

Hi mate, I have messaged you! :D

dougstar21

Nice looking cars these.

I would personally prefer it without the stickers and bra as I think these look great when they're clean and smooth. However I don't think it looks bad with them on.

Steve91

Veeeery nice. Decent power gains too, have you done a 0-60 run after the remap and exhaust?

My R line is covered in stickers so I don't mind them :P

I've considered the bonnet bra, but I'm concerned that it'll mark the paint underneath, something I've been told by a mate.

Buggirl

I put a bonnet bra on my GTi when I first got her and after a week I took it off as it left a layer of grit and dirt under it that was eating at my paint!

Jayw

Cheers guys! Thanks for the comments!

Just recently had a few more mods done. AP coilovers and Velocity stack mod as well.

Will get some pics up when Slammed Media get back to me with the photo's taken yesterday. Had a really good photoshoot :D

PeteGT15

Want those headlights on my GT, how much for them and did you fit them yourself, and coding needed?

6rline

Want those headlights on my GT, how much for them and did you fit them yourself, and coding needed?

They aren't OEM ones, they are reps by a company called XenonZ with a HID kit fitted. I think they used the OEM housings though and LED's cos they look identical.

6rline

New mods!

OZ MSW 85's Alloys with 15mm Spacers

AP Coilovers

New Rline badge

Partial Wrap front end

DSC_0861.jpg

• Like 1

iFlakers

Looks crazy, are you going to get the numberplate excess smoothed?

6rline

Yes definitely! Will finish off the front end nicely :)

6rline

A few pics from a meet recently!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Meet.jpg

wizardmanjm

This looks so good. Love the bumper too

Buggirl

Really loving the detail you have put into this one! Looks the dogs!

herrdavies

Properly nice this. Looks real mean! :-)

macaulaydale

Saw this in Drakehouse Sheffield earlier today parked up. It's a nice car mate 👌

Midori

That looks really nice, I like the number plate placement and I think it looks a lot better without the bra. Out of curiosity what size are the wheels?