Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Dave9n3

Candy White 9n3 GTI

Dave9n3

Had this car for about a year now! thought i would start a little build thread for it and add in some of the stuff I've done to it over my ownership so far.

Constructive criticism is welcome as I'm sure it wont be to everyones taste ;)

• Like 1

Dave9n3

AB173692-2382-4E3E-BF59-2A40A1751CAD-241

The day I picked it up. Came with a fair few things done to it already.

AP coilovers

312mm s3 brakes

Milltek full non resonated system (turbo back)

Forge front mount intercooler

Forge 007p

Stage 2 custom code remap

The car itself is great IMO. It came standard with heated leather seats, auto dimming rear view mirror and headlight washer jets as optional extras. These cars have the 1.8t engine and are fitted with a K03s turbo from factory and make 150bhp

Not long after having the car I wanted to get it on a rolling road to see what it was making. I ended up being disappointed after seeing it only made 211bhp (forgot what torque figure it made)

Since I have made a few improvements, tho some people may not think they're improvements haha!

Dave9n3

After being devastated about the power it made I set out trying to improve on it. I purchased a new larger turbo inlet pipe picture blow to compare standard cast inlet pipe with the new one

AF707048-D5EF-4E7C-95FC-917C36C025B1-241

As well as this an uprated sytec fuel pump which was a direct replacement for the standard pump was bought along with a bosch 4 bar fuel pressure regulator ready for a custom map to be written. Not long after I took it to More-Bhp who managed to make 245bhp 289ft/lbs from it, as well as reducing the amount of boost I was running. Generic map was running about 1.5bar peak and the new custom map runs 1.1/1.2 bar peak but with most of the power coming from adjusting the ignition timing.

Dave9n3

DF6BBBD2-B0B2-42AB-9846-5D3D08A992D3-241

Print out :)

Probably won't be aiming for any more power than it has now without spending big money forging it, buying a better clutch etc etc and also really at any more power I'd want a LSD

Dave9n3

One of the things I felt the car lacked was a decent stereo, well atleast one that would provide me with an aux input. I ended up buying a cheap Erisin stereo. Spec wise it's awesome, 6.2" touch screen, sat nav, DVD, Bluetooth, cd, sd, USB and much more! I paid £120 for it and it's lasted well so far!

Photos of said stereo! Along with some aluminium heater dials from www.txrgt.com

0E40A8F2-DAFF-452B-A13B-A020A0DAA2B4-241

Jake

Looks good mate, did you sort the cup bumpers?

Dave9n3

Ish- they need painting still but I'll throw some pictures up. Oh and the front one needs the lower grilles :) 13C9CD93-9F96-44A5-B701-12EAEA5DC44D-140

A3C94F84-C8F3-421D-93C0-05E2D3E090AF-140

Got new front discs and pads to fit soon along with some larger rear brakes 256mm vented from a leon cupra R. Will be changing pistons and all the seals before they touch the car as well as giving them a lick of paint + of course new discs and pads

MarkVW

I really like amount of rice this has ;)

Buggirl

More pics? I like this!

Dean

Love these in White, want to see it in the full cup kit painted! Also a little shocked at that power output for stage 2, but it can depend on who you go to and the mods and health of the engine to what kind of power you get.

Got the same engine and turbo in my vRS, hope to bring that up to around 220/210bhp on a stage one. I might at a later date move to a stage two with the welly cooler, turbo back exhaust etc from either Shark or R-Tech for a full custom map.

Jake

I know he's playing with the mapping at the moment and sounds the nuts!

Goes pretty well to be fair.

Dave9n3

Long time since I updated this but seen as some people have commented I may as well :)

Since then I've had the cup kit painted, also got hold of the sideskirts to go with and they were also done. I had the lower part of the rear bumper done black as the exhaust causes the white to go brown so it always needs washing.

Rear anti roll bar has been fitted which reduced a lot of the understeer. I also fitted the Leon cupra R rears I mentioned before. I have some new front brakes to go on which came off a Porsche 911 (993) 36 & 44mm piston. I pulled them apart recently to have them freshly Powdercoated and fitted all new seals and dust boots along with making my own cross over lines for them.

I purchased some OZ superleggera to go on the car eventually, the tyres on them are a bit too chunky to suit the polo so they will need changing, not to mention they're all odd brands. Hopefully these clear the brakes no issues :)

I've had all genuine cup lower front grills and got rid of the old cup bumper that had a crack in it and bought a brand new one.

E745A4B3-9CFC-43BA-97C6-81AD25D9BAA9-559

0E410CBB-4E25-4277-9691-F3C5DB411DD4-559

7B0B107E-CC91-4A62-9F37-14DB9F8C9B15-559

729008FF-57D8-4D24-9BC5-A50E37579917-559

• Like 1

Dave9n3

How the car looks currently

2788804A-DC8A-4453-B61C-08A3FED6D23F-559

With regards to a remap I'd recommend you go to rtech, I personally went to more-bhp and they were OK... Power output is great but I've recently got into the whole mapping thing so I've been able to compare my file to the likes of one done by Niki Gower from rtech. The rtech one is safer in and also more cleverly mapped. Without going into detail. I wish I had taken mine to rtech as I now know why people go to him haha. If you're on a k03s those figures are realistic. A lot of the polo guys make mid 210 with something like 260-280ft lbs at stage 1 from rtech. Get a wellycooler and all the other associated mods and go stage 2 right away ;)

• Like 1

wizardmanjm

Absolutely love this. 9n3s I find probably the most boring looking shape but the cup kit changes everything. That's some nice power as well!

Follow b16lag on instagram, he had a spot in pvw...cup kitted and wheel fans etc..looks amazing

Dave9n3

Cheers man, yeah it's a little different although they're becoming more common as people seem to like them. I also have a cup spoiler to go on but it's going to be a pain to mount it. Needs magnets etc etc.

Ah that'll be Ben reader. Awesome polo though I believe he's moving on to bigger and better things soon. Nevertheless it's awesome, seen it in the flesh as well and it's as good as it looks on pictures.

• Like 1

wizardmanjm

Look forward to seeing a cup spoiler on it!

Yeah bens does look flawless and I would love to see it in person too

Dean

I did say R-Tech or Shark are the ones to go to, you should have gone there!

Dave9n3

Yeah, unfortunately at the time I didn't know what I do now- live and learn haha still made awesome power. I hear badger 5 is also very good :)

I'm unsure about the spoiler just yet, I've had interest from people wanting to buy it and I'm still not fully sold on the look of it- mainly bought it as it was there at the time and they don't come up for sale often.

Just ordered myself a set of Audi TT mk1 jack points. Bit like big hockey pucks to push into the chassis so I can jack the car up without touching the sills

• Like 1

iFlakers

Nice to see you back on the forums man! Car looks great :smile:

Jake

Awesome looking brakes there :D

Dave9n3

Ran ok yesterday! 236bhp on the rollers, I have some logging/investigative work to do though as there is a big dip in the power curve around 5k revs for some unknown reason. Not bad considering the map has been messed with. Plenty of work to be getting on with.

• Like 1

Dave9n3

1233C542-5ADC-4F44-8DBB-893AA3AFAC3C-243

178EAC0D-7BE0-436C-912B-D566D8BE6AC6-243

2E089AF3-412F-47D8-8BD7-576CAAAB09F7-243

Got myself a set of the MK1 TT jacking points so I no longer need to use the sills to lift the car in the air with. Nice little mod if you regularly have the car in the air and are working on it.

New genuine OZ centre caps arrived for my soon to be fitted wheels

2723E618-B9FE-4ECE-85C0-ADDE4888B0CE-243

New rear 280 discs compared to 256 rears

58E1172C-80A6-4E40-9A9C-7AE1C507498C-243

Dave9n3

7DA61646-78A6-4D09-85AB-9060B4F6ADAC-224

6E12BB96-B236-4D74-9CEE-36D95D53F081-224

Test fitted the brakes just before I go all out and spend money on paint for the wheels and also a set of tyres. Very happy with them. Refurbed by myself bar the powder coating which I couldn't do at home.

• Like 1

Jake

Loving the TT jacking points, where did you find out about those and where did you make the purchase? :D

Dave9n3

Pretty sure it was on Briskoda Jake, also spotted them on awesome GTI. Came to around 27 quid all in, not a bad price for protecting the sills I guess. Oh- i got them from VW dealers but there wasnt much difference in price between VW and awesome, though awesome may charge for delivery.

• Like 1