Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Sign in to follow this  
KOBpolo98

the latest polo

KOBpolo98

So I'm in need of a petrol tank now ? Also since last update I bought my self a set of air horns (going to get hate for them but I've always loved them lol) I also think I've a gearbox sourced (the one in the polo wines in first and is rattley 

IMG_3603.JPG

• Like 1

Buggirl

Loving it!  Air horns are a laugh, so each to their own. You do what makes you happy!

KOBpolo98
On 10/01/2017 at 22:33, Buggirl said:

Loving it!  Air horns are a laugh, so each to their own. You do what makes you happy!

That's what I plan on doing ? Alway wanted a set to ? 

• Like 1

KOBpolo98

Finally got a chance to give it a good clean today in work (the joys of working in Karting center) was well over due a good clean and polish with all the shite from the roads this time of year sticking ?

IMG_4075.JPG

• Like 1

Buggirl

Looking ace!

KOBpolo98

I've got it booked in for paint and wheel refurb next month (going red again and sorting out a few marks) also I fitted a wheel bearing today (need changed badly lol) anyone got a set of letters they would sell me? 

Got it this photo sent to be from someone sitting in a local pub ??‍♂️

IMG_4022.JPG

• Like 1

Midori

This is really nice, I love the stance and the wheels, I think the white goes really well with the red. Body looks clean on this too.

KOBpolo98
On 27/03/2017 at 13:42, Midori said:

This is really nice, I love the stance and the wheels, I think the white goes really well with the red. Body looks clean on this too.

Thanks dude, at first I wasent to sure about the white and red combination for a few reasons but it grew on me and I think it's stunning looking now ? Got it into college last night and changed the exzaust mountings, while handling as the bolts on the middle bracket had broke off ?‍♂️? all good crack 

IMG_4190.JPG

• Like 1

KOBpolo98

So since the last update I've not done a lot since work to get money to spend on the polo (I've just sent it up to the paint shop to get painted and some small surface rust fixed ? (photos below) apart from that when I get it back I'm going to put on my red door handles and quite possibly lower it more (I doubt I would be able to cope with it lower so be prepared for it to be back up to we're it curently sits ?) also im on the look out for a nice set of black leathers (if there in Northern Ireland it's a bonus lol) I've also just started an engraving business so I'm thinking about getting some small subtle stickers for advertising it on the go ??‍♂️ can't wait to get it out of the paint shop now as I've went almost 2 weeks without it, (from going on holidays to getting painted) I just can't wait to go a good wee run shortly ❤

IMG_4515.PNG

IMG_4516.PNG

• Like 1

Buggirl

Glad you are getting her painted, it will look awesome!

KOBpolo98
On 06/05/2017 at 21:50, Buggirl said:

Glad you are getting her painted, it will look awesome!

Thanks buggirl I still haven't got her back (as of 8/5/17) starting to get really impatient lol ? it's mad to think I haven't drove it in over 3 weeks due to holdays and getting it painted ☹️

• Like 1

Buggirl

It will be worth the wait!

KOBpolo98

Got the polo back there and couldent be happier with how it sits :) next thing to tick off is lether seats

IMG_4591.JPG

• Like 2

KOBpolo98

If anyone is wondering why I've been neglecting the thread recently I have had lots of personal issues going on and if I'm honest I've lost heart in the wee car again ? I can't wait until the next day im off work to give it a good clean and a good drive now ?

IMG_0018.JPG

• Like 1

Buggirl

Looking good!

KOBpolo98

So I'm just going to do an update on the car now, first of all I have went through yet another not one but two gearboxes ??‍♂️ I've no idea how I do it lol ?? the car also passed MOT with flying colours, needed new coilovers as the old ones were seized and it needed raises for test and tyres swaped due to the stretch on them??‍♂️.

Saldley the car now sits like it is in the photos bellow because lets say a work colleague Dident look we're he was going in the car park about a month after I got it painted ?? I honestly don't know wether to laugh or cry with this car anymore lol. It's in getting sorted, whole new 1/4 panel, also found out a well known VW parts supplier for older VWs (won't mention the name) is useless and lies ?‍♂️?

Also I decided to sell the Dixie horns on as I had no room in around the engine bay to mont the 5/6 trumpets lol ? So no general lee rashness sorry (funny story about the horn the boy I sold it to had it taken off him by the police for holding it on the full way around the town).

When I get the polo back from the body shop I'm going to keep it MOT spec until the summer next year and the shows. I've been neglecting this thread a lot this passed few months due to starting my own business (jamie keys engraving service, check it out on Facebook) and also due to personal issues but I will update more often, any questions about the polo fire away and I will get them answered :) peace out ?

RenderedContent-EBB5D06B-61B1-4EEB-9DE6-16655E0B96A6.JPG

KOBpolo98

Finally got the polo to a show this year ??

KOBpolo98

So tonight I realised that I need to fix my exhaust (the rattling is driving me mad?) going to sell the old faithful 306 and get my self a new stainless steel one with a decat ? anyone for a 306 now lol ??‍♂️?

9359BDC0-7161-4D7B-AD14-4E3D3CB14DA7.jpeg

KOBpolo98

Who said Friday the 13th was bad luck lol ? had a real close call tonight. So I’ve noticed over the passed few days the rear tyre P/S rubbing on the arch and thoght nothing of it (I just filled it with £55 worth of petrol so thoght it was the weight) I was driving up to the woman’s tonight and the car started really rubbing the tyre and a high pitched squeeling coming from the rear wheel so I pulled in and it’s safe to say another 100meters up the road the wheel would have been passing me ?? luck I caught it in time ? got it transported to the garage and will get a better look tomorrow ???

08426F16-934B-486A-AEBC-AB4E3255CA61.jpeg

KOBpolo98

Starting to think people are trying to kill the wee polo, had a very close call the other night, very lucky. Apart from that the only other thing I done was spend £60 in Halfords on bulbs (150% brighter ones and white sidelights) and cleaning stuff (was running low) also bought tyres before Christmas and I’m going to lower the polo again coming into the summer ?? 

KOBpolo98

Jesus it’s been a wile since I updated this thread lol 😂 since my last posting I’ve done a few bits and bobs to her, I’ve fitted a set of blue colour concept front and rear seats which i sourced off a mate, I’ve fitted 6n2 taillights and clear indicator lenses, planning on getting us lights installed next week when I get payed, off the top of my head the only other thing I’ve done is fit MK2 caddy cup holders as having no cup holders is shit lol 🙈😂 anyways I haven’t got a chance to do anything more with starting a new job but I’ve a few ideas, photos bellow of a show spacer.pngspacer.png