Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dean

support topic
[FEEDBACK] - Classifieds

4 posts in this topic

Please use this for help and support on using the new classifieds sections.

For more information:

IMPORTANT: Please Read - Live Transactions Between Members For Classifieds

As we've switched on our new classifieds system, I need to make members aware of how the system (can possibly) work regarding buying from each other.

Firstly I must say that LIVE TRANSACTION between members is completely optional. We can either have this ON or OFF.

So? How does live transactions work (from now on called; CREDIT).

If TRANSACTIONS is disabled, things has to be done manually: 'You' the member needs to contact the advertiser/seller in ways he wants (he chooses when posting the advert) ie, PM or Email etc, make the deal, then the advertiser will set the advert as PENDING DEAL. After the payment/deal is done, advertiser sets the advert as COMPLETED.

If TRANSACTIONS is enabled the advertiser receives the amount paid via account credit. Basically what this mean is that the seller pays CLUBPOLO directly. Once buyer pays CLUBPOLO through PayPal, we'll credit your account to the value that was sold on your item. You then need to REQUEST the credit from your account to which our system will pay you directly into your paypal account.
*We're basically acting as a middle man 'holding money' until you request it.

We're aware that members potentially may not like this idea and henceforth the feature is currently DISABLED.

If our members of the community of ClubPolo are happy with buying directly from one another and with us temporarily holding the funds until you request it, then we will enable the feature.

I hope this is clear and you understand, we're bring ClubPolo into the 21st century and always looking for ways to improve our site and making as user friendly as possible.

overall its a good improvement 

is it possible to get an automatic pic resize as no ones phone takes 4.8mb pics these days and having to go and retake pics at a lower rez is a pain 

the picture upload fails regiularly error - 200 possible size related?

Hi @kiran_182

Thanks for the feedback. I'm currently looking in to this, just to be clear are you asking that for larger images on phones that classifieds will auto resize it for you?

The current settings for posting on the forums:
Maximum image dimensions to save - 1200x1200
If an image larger than the these dimensions is uploaded, it will be resized to no bigger than the dimensions and the original image will be discarded.

Maximum image dimensions to display - 800x800
If an image larger than the these dimensions is uploaded, a thumbnail will be created no bigger than the specified dimensions which is what will be displayed. When the user clicks on this thumbnail, the full-sized image is displayed.

This is to reduce the size of the photos and keep bandwidth & HDD space down. Due to the ever increasing popularity of mobile phones and tablets and people using them to browse sites this has caused some issues for quite a few forums. Because photo's taken on such devices are full size there is no way to resize them. We can't have 3-6MB files uploaded to the site, this isn't user friendly for people on devices especially!

The current settings for images on classifieds:
Maximum image allowed - 10
Maximum image filesize - 5MB (This is here for mobile uploads, because the adverts will be deleted after they're sold)
Maximum image dimensions - 800x800

I've done some tweaking on the classifieds, I uploaded an image of 1.7MB and it's resized the image to 46.6KB.
You can see here -

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0