Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kwijibo_coupe

Club Polo track day, 14th October 2017

24 posts in this topic

TrackDay2017.png.1b61e95cca48838e12bb101
Everyone loves a trackday!

Last year saw a lot of first timers on the track and it was a fantastic day. 

For those that don't know Blyton Park is a fantastic little course that is perfectly suited to a small car like the Polo.

This year is a little later than usual, Saturday 14th October, but hopefully the weather will keep dry for us.

Doesn't matter what you drive whether it is a little 55bhp Mk2 or a fire breathing Turbo'd G40, everyone is welcome and I can assure you it is a great day out to enjoy your car.

This again will be run by our friends at Mazda on Track so you can rest assured that everything will be conducted in a safe but fun environment.

The track has plenty of run off areas so if you do go into a corner a bit hot then hopefully all that will happen is you'll get a few grass stains.

You will require a helmet there will be a limited supply on the day so please let me know when paying if you need one or you can buy your own for around the £50 mark. Car should be able to pass a MOT which means they are in roadworthy condition with no fluid leaks. You will need to bring your current MOT and driving licence on the day.

Prices are currently TBC but last year we were £120 per car, Club Members got a discounted rate, additional drivers were £25 and passengers were £10. I can't see them changing much from this but I'll update ASAP

There will also be tuition available on the day, highly recommended for those who are beginners and want to get the most out of their car.

Sign on starts at 7.30am with the briefing at 8.30am and the track opens at 9am.
There are quite a few B&B's around for those that don't fancy an early start. There is a small cafe on site which does lunch, snacks and soft drinks. 

Please put your name down below if you are interested. All those interested please keep an eye on your PMs. Once prices are set and dates for payment are set this will all be sent to you via PM.

1 - Kwijibo_coupe - Polo GT - Club Member
2 - 
3 - 
4 - 
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

1 person likes this

Are there DB restrictions for this or is it something they don't test? New car so don't need MOT for three years, but may not pass one with the current exhaust. 

2 - Dean - vRS - Club Member
3 - 
4 - 
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Dean said:

3 - Yoof 
4 - 
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, NickHardcastle said:

Are there DB restrictions for this or is it something they don't test? New car so don't need MOT for three years, but may not pass one with the current exhaust. 

There is a noise limit of 105dB, none of our cars have ever been pulled aside and tested but none have been especially loud. I'm not sure if they have anything on the track itself that measures noise. 

53 minutes ago, kwijibo_coupe said:

There is a noise limit of 105dB, none of our cars have ever been pulled aside and tested but none have been especially loud. I'm not sure if they have anything on the track itself that measures noise. 

I'll be honest.. Mines stupid loud so think it would be tested. Do you know at what revs they test it at, or is it just at idle? 

Reading further into it they say it is 105dB static but testing is done on a driveby based on 95dB at 20m. So they must have gear on the track somewhere.

Is there any way you can get your car tested beforehand? 

2 hours ago, NickHardcastle said:

I'll be honest.. Mines stupid loud so think it would be tested. Do you know at what revs they test it at, or is it just at idle? 

When I used to have a rally car, the noise test was carried out at 2/3 max rpm,  I've got an app on my phone for noise levels :)

This is my birthday!  Need to be there!  Put me down please!

3 - Yoof 
4 - Buggirl- Club Member
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
Edited by Buggirl
1 person likes this

7 hours ago, kwijibo_coupe said:

Reading further into it they say it is 105dB static but testing is done on a driveby based on 95dB at 20m. So they must have gear on the track somewhere.

Is there any way you can get your car tested beforehand? 

My Step-dad is an audiologist so I'll get his DB reader and test it over weekend :D 

1 person likes this

I think one of the marshalls does the sound meter as you go past. I've never seen anyone get flagged for it, but if you know your car to be silly loud, it might be worth doing something with it before you go. 

I'm in too :D just pray for good weather in October lol

3 - Yoof 
4 - Buggirl- Club Member
5 - Dave9n3 - 9N3 GTI
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

Also with regards to sound limits, i was black flagged last year for it as my car was popping and banging like f**k (intentionally) I was asked nicely to do something about it, swapped ECU over and was out again within 5 minutes.

I'm gonna say you wont have an issue with them if your car doesn't pop and bang really loud and or doesn't have a full straight pipe with no boxes.

1 person likes this

2 - Dean - vRS - Club Member
3 - Yoof 
4 - Buggirl- Club Member
5 - Dave9n3 - 9N3 GTI
6 - andygti- 9N3 GTI
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

2 people like this

3 - Yoof 
4 - Buggirl- Club Member
5 - Dave9n3 - 9N3 GTI
6 - andygti- 9N3 GTI
7 -SciroccoSteve - Mark 2 Bready - Club Member
8 -
9 -
10 -

2 people like this

3 - Yoof 
4 - Buggirl- Club Member
5 - Dave9n3 - 9N3 GTI - Club Member
6 - andygti- 9N3 GTI - Club Member
8 - DaveyUK - 9n3 PD130
9 -
10 -

1 person likes this

3 - Yoof - Club Member
4 - Buggirl- Club Member
8 - DaveyUK - 9n3 PD130 - Forum User
9 buxton - turbocharged mk2f - Club Member
10 -

2 people like this

For all interested, prices for the day will be £120 per car with additional drivers being £25 and passengers £10. 

We will be giving Club Members a discount but how much is still TBC at the moment.

I will need to start gathering deposits to secure places soon. The deposit will be £25 to secure the place and we will collect the balance nearer the time. 

So please keep an eye on your PMs for payment details.

1 person likes this

3 - Yoof - Club Member
4 - Buggirl- Club Member
10 - John9n3 - 9N3 GTI - Club Member 

2 people like this

Only 10 slots?

17 minutes ago, ohMatriixHD said:

Only 10 slots?

We started with 10 slots to gauge interest, if your interested copy and paste this list and add your name :)

3 - Yoof - Club Member
4 - Buggirl- Club Member

11-

12-

13-

14-

15-

3 - Yoof - Club Member
4 - Buggirl- Club Member

11- ohmatriix - Mk2f Polo - Club Member 

12-

13-

14-

15-

Also a friend that owns a mk2 Fiesta is interested in coming.. Would he be allowed or polo's only?

Priority & discounted rates will only be given to club members with Polo's then others after that more than welcome to come along  

1 person likes this