Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
wizardmanjm

Polo 6R moredoor bluemotion

wizardmanjm

Some of you may remember me from the blue mk2F breadvan I had which I put a GT in. Unfortunately as most of you already know that car met an unfortunate end due to a dickhead driver (me).

IMG-20170122-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20170122-WA0152.jpg

• Like 1

wizardmanjm

Anyway this topic is about the bluemotion I've had since Feb 2014. Since the crash..insurance is too high to have another car as a project. So I decided to personalise this a bit instead for now. 

Car has been perfect really since I've had it. Only issue I've had is a lambda sensor shortly after I bought it with 22k and it's now at 56k and flying up. 

This is how it looked bog standard. I apologise for the lack of photographic evidence. The only pictures were these 2 I took to illustrate how dirty it got a couple months back

IMG-20170122-WA0304.jpg

IMG-20170122-WA0317.jpg

• Like 1

wizardmanjm

Then the modifying big bit me again and I fancied making it look semi sporty. First thing I bought was a set of BBS RX wheels for a bargain. 450 quid with rubber :) 

IMG-20170220-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20170220-WA0006.jpg

• Like 1

wizardmanjm

Than after realising I could pretty much fist my wheel arch gap I decided to lower it with some H&R 50/35 springs.

Car is way better round the bends and it doesn't roll about like mad. It's actually better over speed humps. The old springs were so soft the bumper would hit the floor easy. 

I'll have to edit this post later with pictures because I can't upload more than 5mb but hang about lol

Edited by wizardmanjm
  • Like 1

Yousniff

following this bro

• Like 1

wizardmanjm

Okay uploaded it all to photobucket now. This is when I fitted the springs and lowered it. I also bought a GTI grille, painted the red trims black and then swapped the badge for a TDI one 

20170301_133058_zps7bwmanuz.jpg

20170301_133120_zpswuaefbe6.jpg

20170301_125940_zpsikeiihmp.jpg

20170302_134248_zpstudyzgev.jpg

20170303_230043_zpsdprurtiu.jpg

20170304_065703_zpsbn42y74j.jpg

That's it for now, it looks to have settled a bit lower since those pictures. I may take some more shots before the next step. I also have to make a thread in the 9n section as my girlfriend just bought a 1.4TDI in silver and we are modifying these both for polo show 2017! 

• Like 1

kwijibo_coupe

Looks so much better just with those few mods John, good work. 

• Like 1

wizardmanjm

Thanks Steven. Will never be quite as interesting as an old one but I'll do what I can to stay in the loop and keep working on cars haha