Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aaronvw

Mk2 bready 1.0 to 1.3GT

22 posts in this topic

I've got the opportunity of swapping out my 1.0 for a 1.3, but I have questions i can't seem to find answers for, so here goes

What is needed?

what do I need in the way of wiring looms? Or are the plug and play?

Any performance upgrades apart from bike carbs available?

if anyone has any links to topics on this could someone please tell me.

thanks 

engine , ecu , all engine bay loom , fuel pump loom , fuel pumps , exhaust

There is a pretty decent guide here in the FAQ.

Thanks for the be help people, picking engine up this weekend 

Right, so I've had a read, fuel lines clips and brackets are mentioned, what do you get them off anyone with any idea, says mk3

mk3 =2f 

you need all the parts from the gt doner car 

Ideally as above you'll want a GT donor car to convert a mk2 properly. But the fuel lines can be taken from any mk3 Polo same with the lift pump in the fuel tank and the wiring for the fuel pumps. However the inline fuel pump needs to be from a GT/G40 or have a fuel flow rating equivalent to a GT/G40 fuel pump.

With the engine make sure you get at least all the engine bay wiring (engine, lighting loom and accessory loom) as well as all the specifics that make a GT engine a GT engine. So the AFM, throttle body with TPS, inlet manifold, injectors, the correct distributor, idle stabilisation valve, the correct camshaft etc. and you'll also want the mk3 coil even though it is not GT specific.

If you're missing any parts that are GT specific they can be hard to get hold of now as people are reluctant to split GT conversions. I found this out when trying to piece together parts to make a 1.0 GT.  

I've found a pump and lines on eBay, I've got both looms, will the fuel pump wiring be on one of them?

have a look ..see if it extends long enough to go to the rear , worst case it isnt complicated so you make one if you had to

I'm quite alright with electrics these days so I'm sure I can haha, I'm excited to get stuck in

The fuel pump loom is part of the interior loom and needs to be cut out so usually isn't supplied as part of a conversion. As said it is easy to make one yourself but easier if you can get hold of the actual loom.

Anyone got any links to wiring diagrams?

Need help unfortunately I bet people have been through this a million times, but i think this loom has been savaged, 

image.jpg

Butchered GT looms annoy me, for a simple plug and play conversion people love to make life hard for themselves. 

The best thing to do is connect what you have then try and figure out what you are missing.

1 person likes this

Thought I'd bring it home in the sun an have a look at some wiring diagrams, got a couple of things labled, but yes, why people have to chop things is beond me 

These looks might have to be scrapped, interior loom gets worse, I travelled, 3 and a half hours so I couldn't leave empty handed 

image.jpg

According to the person I bought it off the interior loom was chopped for immobiliser and alarm perpouses??, asked about engine loom, because ideally the description of what I'm buying should state any faults 

Well you don't need the interior loom which is a bonus. But that has been cut due to laziness not for alarm reasons I'd say. 

I thought I needed the interior loom haha! Well that's huge bonus haha

The only part of the interior loom that comes in handy is the fuel pump wiring.

Witch isn't on there haha 

Anyone have any idea?

image.jpg