Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Shaneosmond

Bike carb conversion guide help!

Shaneosmond

Hi guys I believe I have finally got everything I need for my carb conversion for my polo 6n 1.4 8v 1999

Honda cbr600 Carbs, tci-h and loom, vac dizzy, fuel pump and choke, and coil

Do I need anything else?

If not it's time to install!

Dizzy I know I need to get timing done, jets for carbs I believe are about 1.6mm for my 1.4 and need to get them balanced

Tci loom to coil, dizzy and I believe I need to tap into the ignition fuse or ignition electric wire??

Fuel injectors out and carb and manifold in and hook to new fuel pump

Am I missing something or is that about right?

Please help as I'm doing this on Saturday!!!

Thank you

• Like 1

nige8021

RothgoWooft

From my recent experiences, 1.6mm sounds good. I'm currently going a bit lean on 1.4mm.  Swapping to 1.6 this weekend.

Big bore stiff fuel hose to connect the carbs and manifold, and jubilee clips.  Marine exhaust hose is suitable, if you live near the sea. 

Also, the other bit that delayed me was a way to join two throttle cables.  Little clamp or something.  And then the choke was a bit fiddly...  Was hoping not to need it!

Good luck!  

Connor Fealy

@Shaneosmond i have a mk2 polo + a scrap 1998 polo 1.4 8v, which i want to bike carb and put into the mk2, can i use the original dizzy and setupfrom the mk2 and just bolt on to the 8v engine??

Shaneosmond

@Connor Fealy if the dizzy fits into the other engine I don't see why not, would need to be a vag for the carbs and timing would need to be sorted