Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
heyholly__

Mk2 Coupe Fuel Tank Removal

heyholly__

Hi all,

Has anyone ever removed the fuel tank from a Mk2 Coupe? Mine has a leak so was just wondering how easy (or difficult!) it is.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

Yeti

Get the back end of the car up as far as possible and it's a pain in the arse, but certainly doable. Some people loosen or drop the offside rear axle mount. 

Pattern tanks often have the fuel filler neck a bit out of shape, about the only way I've found to adjust it is to slide a broom handle down and pull it into line. 

Tanks on 82-84 cars are smaller, and hard to find. 

• Like 1

westy02
17 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Get the back end of the car up as far as possible and it's a pain in the arse, but certainly doable. Some people loosen or drop the offside rear axle mount. 

Pattern tanks often have the fuel filler neck a bit out of shape, about the only way I've found to adjust it is to slide a broom handle down and pull it into line. 

Tanks on 82-84 cars are smaller, and hard to find. 

Remove drivers rear wheel to get the neck in and out

• Like 1

heyholly__

Cheers! I have access to a ramp which should hopefully make this all a bit easier.

Any idea which bolts need to be removed? We've tried before by taking the tank strap off but couldn't seem to move it more than a few inches which is less than ideal when we want to completely remove it...