Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Sign in to follow this  
Matty4113

Petrol smell in car

Matty4113

Just after a bit of advice please. Polo 6n2 1.4 16v AUA engine. Smell fuel in car when idling at a stand still. Checked breather hose, bottom half missing! Bought new hose, connected up, including electrical plug halfway down. Now there's another side pipe coming off the hose but I cannot find any paperwork to plug into this. Can anyone advise what pipe I need and where it goes to from the breather?

Many thanks in advance

Matt

Matty4113

Thanks Nige, whereabouts can I find that valve? 

nige8021

Lift the airfilter box off, and you'll see it by the throttle body on a bracket above the injectors

59c2f9a33f321_AUDVacummpipes.thumb.JPG.7f5c51451a5102478179a196e7d41313.JPG

This is on an AUD engine, but your should be similar

Matty4113

Thanks. I'll report back tomorrow when I've had another look. 

Matty4113

The plot thickens! Nige, do you think it routes to this? The part number states EGR valve and there is what seems to be a small unconnected pipe on the end (see pic 1) or does it connect to the valve on the second image which comes up as the fuel pressure regulator? 

Regards

IMG_9390.PNG

IMG_9391.PNG

nige8021

The bit in the first picture with your finger on it, looks like the #17 in this https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo+derby+vento-ind/po/2001-240/1/133-133011/#17 which is an air filter for the EGR valve, so it doesn't connect to any other part of the plumbing 

Matty4113

I'm wondering if they've actually sold me the wrong pipe and in actual fact, it should route direct to the air box with only the electrical connector in between. Like item 28a in the picture below??

IMG_9392.PNG

Matty4113

I can't fathom it Nige because that it stating it's for a retro fit breather. Mine doesn't have the tap off the right side of the air box either

nige8021

If you look at this https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo+derby+vento-ind/po/2001-240/1/129-129021/#1 there are different part numbers for the airfilter box with/without the retro-fit breather, the retro-fit is the electrical connector on the main breather pipe, it is a heating element to stop the pipe freezing up and blocking under certain conditions.

Have you found that valve #13 from the previous posting ? one pipe from that valve goes to the throttle body and the other connects to your main breather pipe