• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• damunk

• nige8021

• dvderlm

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks so much. i lost my elsa win cd's. i thought they were m10 x 80 but will check before sticking in the 85mm ones.

Also i think 10.9 tensile should be okay. will search abit, if not will have to use 12.9

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/hex-bolt-priced-each/n10263801/

that ones listed at m10 x 65mm on this site.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crankshaft-Bolt-N0104655-N10263801-18160-/401170174365?epid=1537772074&hash=item5d679b119d:g:QusAAOSw0UdXrxFn

again listed at 65mm length

also 10.9 steel grade. I bet can pick up the 85mm ones for 1 pound each at hardware store. there just normal hexbolts fully threaded.

Edited by damunk

Looking on Elsawin they are not showing as stretch bolts so you could reuse the originals ? I'd add a dab of threadlock to be on the safe side 

Have you looked at GSF or ECP if they do them ? if not call your local TPS and they often supprise you (in a good way) with their prices 

what's difference from buying from car part suppliers or a tool store?

Aslong as the are 10.9 theres no difference is there?

It's totally up to you !! if you buy them from a reputable engineering suppliers @ 10.9 or better then maybe, but would you risk it on bolts from "toolstore or B & Q" Personally I would always buy the OEM parts for something that critical !! buy some that are labelled as 10.9 from from backstreet place and 2 months from finishing building your engine up, you have to make another post about main bearing failure due to failed bolts !! It's up to you !! but I know what I would go for, might cost more, but then you only have to do the job once 

lol back street shop

i'll ring tps tomorrow. the caps are around 50mm them selves so with 65mm bolts only 15mm goes into the block.

As your going to be pushing this beyond it's normal, I would without a doubt go for the OEM bolts 

Or http://www.arp-bolts.com/kits/ARPkit-detail-b.php?RecordID=2947 x2?

+ ARP thread cleaner tool +arp ARP ultratorque assembly lube

(if money no object). 

Good articles about incorrect preloading and failures on their site, but they may be biased.

Edited by dvderlm

just rang VW and they confirmed 65mm length which  means only 12-15mm of the bolt that goes in the block. yet in the block there is around 30mm of thread.

I'll just order the ones from TFS , they confirm they are OEM and for AFH engine code.