Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Sign in to follow this  
dvderlm

rear facing camera

dvderlm

I've got a dashcam that I've been using and gives reasonable pictures and sound. I had to turn down the sensitivity because potholes+lowered is too many false alarms.

It did record the impact noise GPS location and  me swearing when I got rear shunted and i walked the culprit around the front of my car so I had him on video.

Nice guy, he was interested in the engine. 

BUT the next accident might not be with such a nice driver.

So really I think I need a rear camera too. Any recommendations?

Does not need a screen.

Edited by dvderlm

Yeti

I've not used it myself, but I helped someone install a blackvue kit a while ago and he's been really happy with it. I don't think he's bothered with the impact detection and that, he just put a big SD card in and left it recording a loop. I do like the fact that they're really discreet, so if it's not in your interests to tell them, the other person doesn't need to know you're recording. 

dvderlm

Ta. I've ordered a Halocam C1 on promotion, which is same tubular shape as the BlackVue dr450. 

Will report back once fitted.

dvderlm

I wish it would shut up. Getting rather annoyed with the bossy female american voice. As soon as I can get the flipping app to connect it's 

mute time.