rclick plug n play keyless entry kit indicator wiring

Oğuzhan

Hi,

i know that this question has been asked for dozen of times. I have bought a plug n play remote keyless entry adapter for my polo 6n2. I have Installed it with the plug n play cable within 5 minutes and it works without any problems but there is still something missing which is actually very important for me. I want my indicator lights to flash when i close or open the doors. As per the information I get from the people on the internet, I need to connect brown cables to the rear left and right lights. But as far as i see, there is a bulk of cables which goes to the real bulb holder card (cluster) both on the right and left side of the trunk. 

Now the piece of information i have found on the internet states that I need to connect one of the brown cables to the black and white cables on the left side and to the green and black wires on the right side. Actually i don't know how to do this as I was not able to find any pictures about it. I am afraid that I might cut those wires. Are there any options without cutting and soldering those wires? Also from one of the forums I have seen that you can connect the brown cables directly to the blink socket of the rear bulb cluster. But I guess this is not valid for vw polo 6n2 because  I can see 3 different kinds of sockets which one of them with 2 legs and the other two are with 3 and 5 legs. 

Anyway any help any diagram for the indicator lights setup would be really helpful for me.  I appreciate your help. Thank you very much in advance...

Edited by Oğuzhan

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oğuzhan

• nige8021

First Welcome to the Forum.

The indicator wires are the Black/White & Black/Green, if you are not confident about cutting and joining/soldering the wires you could use these https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=scotch+lock+connectors&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB755GB755&oq=Scotch+l&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l5.9532j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8  you place them over the black/white & black/green wires and then insert your brown wires from the remote unit and then squeeze the connector with pliers and this then makes the contact with the wires without the need to cut/solder

Hi again,

thanks for your answer i do understand your solution. But i am not quite sure which connector i should use. Could you please help me choosing the right model? 

http://solutions.3m.co.uk/wps/portal/3M/en_GB/ElectricalMkts/ElectricalSupplies/products/scotchlok-wire-connectors/scotchlok-electrical-idc-wire-connectors/

Thanks

Hi again,

finally i received similar clips and plugged it to the green black at right and black white at left of the trunk. But i had to extend the brown cable which goes to the left tail lights because two brown cables has equal length and i positioned the remote unite at right of the car which my vacuum pump resides. after that the left indicators didn't work at all, normally they work even they are attached to the brown cable. Anyway i was suspicious of the brown cables that comes from the unit itself so i changed them reversely and again left didn't worked but right worked. 

So what i am thinking now that there is an issue with my left bulb cluster/holder. Years ago i suffered from electrical problems with my car especially when it was rainy the car's wipers were running by themselves and also the speedometer background light were flashing so an electrician told me that it is related with left bulb cluster so he soldered cable to the switch probably he grounded it to somewhere. Now the question is if i change the left cluster with a brand new one will it solve my problem? Or the changes that electrician did to left bulb cluster causing this issue? normally left indicators working flawlessly when i turn them inside the car. Also extending the cable using the same clip is it a valid solution or i should use another part?

Anyway i am close to :) make it work 100% percent i am sure your ideas will help me a lot. 

Thanks

Edited by Oğuzhan

hi,

after changing cables again and again i realized that i didn't  tighten the clips properly in extension point of the cable which goes to the left side of the car. Anyway thanks for all your support.