Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Sam Quinn

Mk2f to 1.6 AEE 6n2 gti conversions

Sam Quinn

Wanting to convert my 1.3 polo to a 1.6 gti engine, would I need a new gearbox or has anyone else used a standard 1.3 box. Also seen a few threads on here for the guide for doin it but a bit confused what air box id use, cheers

harris.racing

Are you planning on doing a full conversion to the 6n2 stuff, so on its OEM injection system etc?

elmo

I believe you can used the mk2 slimline starter which will allow you to use a mk2 flywheel and box. In regards to airbox it wouldn't really matter. 

Your conversion will depend massively on how you want to run your ignition / fueling. If you want to use oem parts (injection, and ignition of the 6n2) then your best bet would be to run the ecu. Which will take alot of wiring to complete. If you want to use the mk2 ignition then you will need to drill a hole in the cam to allow the dizzy. 

There are some threads on here which really helped me with my afh conversion.