Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Sign in to follow this  
mattpolog40

Bottom end gone on my g40

mattpolog40

After some advice really the bottom end has gone on my g40 so I’m just curious of what options I have as to which replacements I can put on.i could quite easily Just replace the 2 knakard pistons but it’s going to be a major task to find them.so I’m looking at just putting a different bottom end on just instead.so if anyone can help please let me know thanks.

kwijibo_coupe

If you just fancied a straight swap with a bit of a difference you could just find an AAV and stick that bottom end on. 

They have been proven to take boost and the higher compression should make it a bit nicer to drive off boost. 

However getting it mapped properly might be an issue. 

Otherwise I'm sure Bar-Tek Tuning do replacement pistons in standard size. Might be a bit pricey though. 

kiran_182

Can get a decopression hg and fit it to an aav to bring the comp closer to g40