Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Pontoneer

Hello from Ayrshire

Pontoneer

Hi , my name is Derek and I live in North Ayrshire . Being of a certain age , I’ve had lots of cars down the years and am a big fan of the German marques .

My parents ran VW’s and Mercedes from the early 60’s onwards , and I’ve followed suit . We had more than a few air-cooled Beetles , then the Mk1 Polo and Derby , Every mark of Golf from the 1 to the 5 so far , Mk 1 LS and GLS Passats and a Mk 2 GL5 estate , also had original Audi 100GL for a while . Back to Polos , we’ve had several Mk 2 , both 1.05 and 1.3 litre versions , my sister had a 1.9D Mk 3 , my daughter currently has a 1.4 auto Mk 4 ,  and the reason I’m visiting here is I just bought a minter of a 1.4CL Mk 3  (6N) in Candy White , totally original and owned from new in one family , with only 19K on the odometer.

i was looking for a cheap stopgap of a car to use while I swap the diff on my 190E ( another story ) and came across this little gem of a car . This car is so original and unmolested that I’ll be keeping it just as it is and trying not to put too many miles on it  . The one thing I will be changing is the naff  set of Halfords wheeltrims cuttently adornimg it - I seem to remember my sisters Mk 3 had metal VW hubcaps ? So I’ll be looking for the authentic items .

I paid a deposit on the car earlier tonight ( last night - Tue 6th ) , sorted insurance and will take delivery tomorrow , no tonight , Wed 7th .

Because of the condition and low mileage , I think I’ll try and keep it in the family as a spare car , to be used sparingly and only when needed - it would be a shame to start racking too many miles onto it when so far it is 22 years old with under 20K on it .

Still , it’s the youngest car in my current ownership .

kwijibo_coupe

Hello and welcome along to the forum.

Scottish members are few and far between but it is always nice to see new guys join up.

When you pick the car up be sure and put some pictures up and any of the rest of your collection too.

Pontoneer

I’ll wash it and take photos at weekend :)