Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
MK2FKieran

Oil Pressure Switch MK2F

MK2FKieran

Hi, I recently changed my oil pressure switch originally it was flashing with the ignition on (car wouldn’t start at this point), so now with the new switch - no flashing on ignition. However now it runs to some extent the oil light is flashing when the engines running, I did just change the oil filter today so was wondering if this could be something to do with it or how could I stop it? Cheap sensor? Thanks! 

Yeti

The pressure switch is connected to the light/buzzer and nothing else, it shouldn't have a bearing on the cars ability to run. The light will flash as the car has just started, while the oil pressure builds up.

You can eliminate the new pressure switch when you're fault finding by earthing the connection. 

When you say it's not running... To what extent? What have you tried so far?

MK2FKieran
On 11/03/2018 at 12:36, Yeti said:

The pressure switch is connected to the light/buzzer and nothing else, it shouldn't have a bearing on the cars ability to run. The light will flash as the car has just started, while the oil pressure builds up.

You can eliminate the new pressure switch when you're fault finding by earthing the connection. 

When you say it's not running... To what extent? What have you tried so far?

Hi Yeti, I managed to have it running with absolutely no idle, rough as anything. Since then I have repaired the gasket between the carb and throttle body, change the throttle body gasket as well as a full service. I have put a full exhaust system on also. Since fixing all of this I have been able to see a new problem now that everything is as its supposed to be. The fuel comes into the carb ridiculously fast, doesn't do anything with it and then just dums it all in the engine. The plugs come out ringing wet and that's literally just turning her over. I have put a video on YouTube (hopefully this explains it better).