Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
KOBpolo98

6N gearbox problems - 7 gearboxes in a year and half

KOBpolo98

Honestly I feel like burning the fucker now lol, but why would I be going through 7 gearboxes in a year and a half ?is there a fault in them, it’s breaking my heart having to put a new one in it every turn about ? I would understand if I was driving the shit out of the car but I’m not ? any advice before I just park it up and leave it lol ? 

kiran_182

The gearbox is a problem with these cars and all gearboxes are now with around 15 years on them

Get one rebuilt and strengthend at the failure point?

Never heard of someone using that many

dvderlm

That's ridiculous. Are they all failing in the same way?

Fitted by skilled person and correct oil at right level and it's not just the linkage out of adjustment?

kiran_182

Almost hope its not the linkage after that many 

kwijibo_coupe

Are you buying them from a reputable source that can prove they were working beforehand?

Also have you been draining the old oil, refilling with new and fixing the common leak points while you have the gearbox out?

A lot of the failures I've seen are purely down to the gearbox oil leaking out of the selector shaft seal (the most common seal failure) emptying the oil over time and the owner doesn't notice until the gearbox is whining its head off and it is too late.