Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
G340UTT

64 plate polo 6r - bizarre noise from dash

G340UTT

Okay, haven't posted in ages but have the strangest of problems and need the worlds polo brain power - 

64 plate polo 6R - 18k miles. 

When cycling the key ( it also does it when you reconnect the battery ) the strings 4 "chirps" come from the passenger side of the dash. Always normally 4 chirps, normally the same length but sometimes vary. Sounds like a muted buzzer. 

No faults in VAGcom. Car starts, drives and appears to work perfectly. Whether its related or not but the interior lights have packed up. No power at the connector in the light unit. Now the manual seems to suggest the interior light fuses are shared with the left and right hand car exterior lights. All other lights on the car work fine, and it appears all the fuses are intact. 

Ive attached a video of the noise whilst cycling the key - 

FIRST TO GUESS THE NOISE CORRECTLY WINS A VIRTUAL CERTIFICATE " Best strange polo noise detective in UK"  

Thanks 

nige8021

Have you got rear parking sensors ?

G340UTT

Yes I have - but it’s a completely different tone to the normal parking sensor sound. Also, it makes it when radio is off 

G340UTT

Did you have a theory ? 

nige8021

No theory just the only thing I could think of that would make a noise, apart from the radio, have you access to VCDS ? as scan might throw up some clues ??

G340UTT

Yeah, I have vagcom, supervag, vagcan and a couple of snap on machines. All give it a clear bill of health. 

I literally can’t thing of anything else that could make noise - stereo, alarm siren, sticking relay 

what a pain 

Yeti

I'd probably work through the output tests on VCDS and see if one of them reproduces the noise. 

If I were making a total stab in the dark, I'd wonder if it's a heater flap motor. 

G340UTT

Okay, found the source of the "chip" - its something to do with the alarm. Either a back up siren or similar. Pulling fuse for "alarm system" and she stopped. Re-insert fuse - alarm system working fine and chirp no longer there. 

Now, next issue - interior lights not working - non of them. No power at the connector ( I've pulled the light assembly down and checked at the 2 pin socket) 

my exterior lights work fine, and looking at the manual there are fuses for "left exterior lights and interior lights and right exterior lights and interior lights " 

Any thoughts ?