Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Sign in to follow this  
Vio

Someone Died To Save My Polo

Vio

So I've had my mk2f (Dora) back on the road for about a week now. Passed her MoT last week, insured it (still £100 a month thanks to my 3 non-fault crashes, ok then), and got my job back delivering pizzas.

Coming back to the store after a delivery last night, and I notice a police van behind me. No blues on so I don't think much of it, but then he follows me into the store car park. He asks about the car (if it's mine etc.), and then says it's not taxed. Ah bugger. I forgot to take the SORN off.

So then my manager pops out and starts having a go at the coppers, who say it's not insured for business use either - but Dominos provides business cover for drivers, so they ask for proof of that. Manager goes to get it while I'm trying to figure out how to tax a car on my phone. Worth noting that police round here are notorious for impounding untaxed cars (another Dominos driver just had his taken a couple weeks before I joined).

Manager shows the coppers our insurance certificate, but then they just say "We'll follow up on the tax thing later", turn their blues on, and bolt it out of the car park.

Turns out there's this lad who was driving a definitely not-road-legal bike around town. Some people say he was already being chased by police, but all we know for sure is that he rode straight through a red light at one of the busiest junctions and hit another car - and he died at the scene. This happened at the exact same time, and the police left to deal with dead guy - giving me ample time to tax my car and get back on the road with no more problems.

So last night some random idiot on a bike literally died to save my Polo, and I appreciate it 👍

• Like 1

dvderlm

Sad because the idiot was someone's son.

At least he didn't crash into you.

Why don't Domino's have their own delivery vans/scooters/cycles?

With a market cap of 1.5billion pounds https://investors.dominos.co.uk/investors/overview

it would not be hard for them to raise the money to invest in a fleet. Given the typical distances to bring hot pizza the vehicles could be electric.

Could fit charging points when rebrand a building.

Mclovin

Domino's is a franchise so I imagine it's up to each individual restaurant to organise their delivery transport. Local domino's used to have mopeds years ago but they were regularly stolen 

Vio
On 05/08/2018 at 12:35, dvderlm said:

Sad because the idiot was someone's son.

Turns out he had no plates on the bike or insurance, was trying to escape from the police and went straight through a red when he got hit. Whoever's son he was, they suck at parenting 😕

And yeah a few stores in high-traffic areas have delivery scooters, but I'm 100% sure the reason that Leigh doesn't is because they'd get nicked 😛

prankstar2003

Bit of a dick comment about the dudes parents and it shows a lack of understanding of the issues affecting young people. Save your judgemental comments for else where.

• Like 2

Vio
On 21/09/2018 at 16:33, prankstar2003 said:

Bit of a dick comment about the dudes parents and it shows a lack of understanding of the issues affecting young people. Save your judgemental comments for else where.

Spend enough time in Leigh and you'll start to lose all faith in humanity. I've been here 14 years, and any compassion or value for human life I once had is long gone 👍

Mclovin
On 27/09/2018 at 01:14, Vio said:

Spend enough time in Leigh and you'll start to lose all faith in humanity. I've been here 14 years, and any compassion or value for human life I once had is long gone 👍

Unfortunately it's a pattern I've seen played out time and time again on the council estate I've lived on all my life. Shit parents raise shit kids. The shit kids grow up into shit "adults" and then become shit parents, who go on to raise shit kids. 

I belive that all kids have the potential to be good people, but some don't get that chance because through the most important stages of their lives, they are being dragged up by kuntz. 

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 2