Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Sign in to follow this  
Redwolf01

Convert 6n2 from DBW to cable throttle.

Redwolf01

Hi guys. 

I have a 2001 polo 6n2 (1.4 16v). I want to replace the DBW accelerator pedal and throttle body for a cable one. 

What is is the easiest conversion? 

Can someone recommend which VW models of pedal will fit and if I need to do any mods to bolt it in. I am assuming it won’t be as easy as unbolt current pedal and replace with cable pedal ! 

I am getting ECU replaced, but my task is physically replacing pedal and throttle body, someone with a bigger brain will be doing the clever bits. 

Any help appreciated. Kevin 

caretakerplus

Welcome to the Forum.

What exactly do you hope to achieve by fitting a mechanical throttle control?

My other question would be, Why are you gong to fit a new ECU?

When you have weighed up the pros and cons of both systems, it may be that a throttle body and pedal from a 6N might do the trick BUT, I think that it may be that you would also need the 6N ECU and possibly the immobilizer.

Regards

nige8021

As said above, the throttle body from the 6N1 16v (AFH) and pedal box would probably the ones to fit, however, the 6N1 ECU is non CANbus and your speedo uses the CANbus for the likes of the tacho and feeding info to the ABS so the 6N1 ECU wouldn't work, and as your current ECU is designed to work with the DBW throttle it wouldn't work with the 6N1 throttle body

Redwolf01

Hi.

This is a rally car and we are looking to get a bit more power out of it. We have done some head work and had it in for tuning, there is a limit to what he can get out of it and knows there is potential for a lot more if we move to a DTA ECU but that wont work with DBW, hence looking for suitable cable controlled throttle body and pedal. 

Regards