Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
BKMAC

Window Problem

BKMAC

Hi,

My daughter has a VW Polo Moda 70 2011 3DR; this evening the driver window will not fully close or fully open, will just move up and down between two points. Any ideas what the issue could be please, passenger window is fine.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

dvderlm

sorry to hear that.

Either something is wedged in guide rubbers putting the window at an angle instead of straight... or the cable in the regulator mechanism has jammed or snapped. Manual or electric window, you'll need to take door trim and rain seal off to get access.

BKMAC

Thanks for responding so soon dvderlm; do you know how complicated is it to get the trim and seal off please? Bit of a novice with these things sorry.

dvderlm

Don't know how m2f differs, but on mk2 it's just door handle and winder plastic screw covers off, remove the screws, a clip for the inside lever slides backwards , four Philips screws at front and rear of door, lift vertically out of some clips.  

Then peel back the rain seal it's pladtic on mk2,, which can be replaced with strong plastic shopping bag and packing tape, or genuine VW foam sheet.

Ah, no, whoops confused 2 threads.. 2011. Those instructions are 25 years out of date. 

Edited by dvderlm

BKMAC

Many thanks for your help, will give it a go!

nige8021

First Welcome to the forum.

Have a look at this 

I have posted the instructions from the dealers manual on how to remove/refit the window mechanism

Taff_80
On 20/08/2018 at 21:54, nige8021 said:

First Welcome to the forum.

Have a look at this 

I have posted the instructions from the dealers manual on how to remove/refit the window mechanism

Hi, just noticed your link there. I don’t suppose you could post the pictures for the hyperlinks for removing the 6r window glass and removing the regulator please? I need to try and replace the regulator as the cable is jammed. Many thanks 

nige8021
16 hours ago, Taff_80 said:

Hi, just noticed your link there. I don’t suppose you could post the pictures for the hyperlinks for removing the 6r window glass and removing the regulator please? I need to try and replace the regulator as the cable is jammed. Many thanks 

This is the info Polo 6R front door window RnR.pdf  Polo 6R Front door window motor RnR.pdf