Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfgang_Wolf

'94 Mk2 Fox Coupé

Wolfgang_Wolf

After having my driving licence for about 14 years, I thought it was maybe time to get around to buying a car.

Registered in mid '94 it must be one of the last Mk2s. It lived all its life in North-East England til I brought it up to the granite city.

50k miles. The paint is a respray by the previous owner, it's quite nice if you don't look too closely.

Runs and drives alright, so I have no plans to do any serious work on the car for the time being, just trying to keep it in shape and replace things as they wear out.

Shout out to anyone else running a mk2 in Aberdeen/NE, I know you're out there...

polo_crop.JPG

• Like 1

kiran_182

Does look fairly clean. 50k is low, did you pay alot for it

Wolfgang_Wolf

Thanks yeah, the photo is quite flattering to be honest.

It wasn't dear, though I did see 1.3s advertised for similar money. Would have been an even longer train journey to see them though.

kiran_182

The right wheels will transform it 

kwijibo_coupe

Welcome along! I'm not in Aberdeen much but hopefully I see this about if and when I am.

What you have is more commonly referred to on here as a mk3. Technically it is a facelifted mk2 though.

Wolfgang_Wolf

Thanks for the comments guys. Wheels might be on the agenda. I've got more pressing matters to take care of right now, though.

Car is SORN'ed at the moment due to MOT failure for:

"Brakes imbalanced across an axle by more than 50% (rear)" which apparently is code for the nearside rear brake doesn't work.

&

"Shock absorber has a serious fluid leak nearside front", which explains a lot.

So I'll be doing rear brakes and front suspension. I started with the brakes because I thought that would be the easier job... well, currently the car's on an axle stand with the right rear wheel off and I can't fix it or get the brake drum back on, so we'll see how far we get.

kwijibo_coupe

If you need a hand getting the car sorted for it's MOT, I know these things inside out and fairly local so more than willing to help out.