Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
steveo3002

3f/gt oil in inlet?

steveo3002

earlier this year ive fitted full 3f mpi injection to my previously refreshed abd , still not running 100% and i decided to re seal the inlet mani incase it was leaking 

i gets it off and find the number 1 end is oily . not dripping but a good wet coating of clean engine oil 

thing is all breathers are vented elsewhere so i dont really get where on earth it could have come from ?   

caretakerplus

That's an odd one. Even odder that it is clean oil.

I just wonder if your thoughts of a leaking inlet manifold were correct and the oil in there was spilt when you were changing the oil - a bit of a long shot I know, but can't think how clean oil would otherwise get in there.

If you haven't got a surface plate, I would suggest that you obtain a piece of PLATE glass, clean up the face of the manifold and place it on the glass, making sure that it traps your thinnest feeler blade (or a piece of paper) all the way round the manifold face.

If there are any gaps, then a THIN film of Mechanics Blue on the surface plate - slide the manifold over it - Should have an even coat of blue on the face, if not then you will need to spend some time with a file (or a scraper) to re-establish a flat face.

Make sure that the face on the cylinder head is free from deposits.

Let us know what you find.

Regards

steveo3002

yeah baffles me 

ive stuck the new gasket on with lashings of blue silcone now , hate seeing the stuff but need it sealed up, i even looked at the rocker /head no signs of spillage

i did wd40 the isv but not to that amount 

clean engine oil...same as whats in engine , its stayed clean as i semi refurbed the engine so spotless inside 

kiran_182

Ive had oil in the inlet too, really it would have to come from the return joining the induction arm. Block that off and see if theres any change

steveo3002

the what?    my crank breather is venting to air and the inlet hose blocked

see here ..racing blue blanking cap lol

30127566_602360013445466_4905525929287437471_n.jpg

kiran_182

Hmm, so can it be coming down the valve stems and being dawn into the inlet? 

steveo3002

id imagine something would need to be really wrong to suck stuff into the inlet 

other random idea...fpr leaking and fuel sucked into tb and dripping down , didnt really look like fuel spose it might be