Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
DCautosport

Polo 86c 1.9 TDI PD engine swap

DCautosport

Good night, and hello to everyone. I am new here, and I am going to start a new project and I would like to know your ideas and advice. 

I have a vw polo 1993 1.4D (86c I think).

I will start a project to put a 1.9 TDI PD 150cv engine in it (ARL code engine) in it. And I expect to get + 350hp on that engine after some upgrades. I know it's going to be a lot of work and I have to do a lot for it to work. But it's going to be a project that I'm not in a hurry to finish ... But I'm some doubts as to which braking to use ??? what brake servo to use ??? What suspension? which Driveshaft use in relation to the hub kunckle ???
Can someone give me some tips?

Thanks in advance.

Yeti

Those concerns are the least of your worries, the block is way too big and heavy. 

Have a look for a build thread from a chap called tomasz who turbo charged the same engine your car has. 

DCautosport
39 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Those concerns are the least of your worries, the block is way too big and heavy. 

Have a look for a build thread from a chap called tomasz who turbo charged the same engine your car has. 

Yes you are probably right ... but .... there is a mk1 polo with this modification .... swap tdi pd ... if anyone could do this ... I hope also to do ...

Please see this photos...

I can not find anything on this tomasz ... I search the tomasz search box, but it does not return any results ...

Thanks

21014223_2031388027147874_3847121962013417743_o.jpg

sem nome.png

Edited by DCautosport
Add photos

nige8021

caretakerplus

Just remember that, if you intend to use your conversion on the road, you might have problems obtaining insurance at a reasonable price.

This isn't to say that you should not go ahead with the project, but it is certainly something to think about (if you haven't already) before you spend money on it.

Regards

DCautosport
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 15:55, caretakerplus said:

Just remember that, if you intend to use your conversion on the road, you might have problems obtaining insurance at a reasonable price.

This isn't to say that you should not go ahead with the project, but it is certainly something to think about (if you haven't already) before you spend money on it.

Regards

This is not a problem…. my problem is dont't know all 86c trick… (suspension, brakes, etc etc)

kiran_182

The 86c did have a diesel engine but not in the uk

Stiffer shocks / springs will be needed, either lowering kit or std diesel ones from europe. Bigger brakes or more efficiant, vw11 from a mk3 golf fit aswell 20mm vented disc rather than the std flat. Rear disc conversion is a nice upgrade too and makes life at the back easier 

Yeti

It looks like there's a lot that's been cut out and refabricated on that yellow car. Struts aren't standard and look to have been moved back, inner wings aren't there, scuttle is gone, probably some work on the bulkhead too. Hell of a job by the looks of it, pretty much build a front end from scratch and then stick polo wings to it. I doubt there's any polo suspension or braking left. 

Tikra

I have swapped an AFN PD 130 with a set-up of 150 hp for now, being able to go up to 200. The ARL is probably also easy to built into the 6N .. and much higher HP is possible, as I know for now max 260 hp ... reliable and now black smog on the backside ;)