Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Sign in to follow this  
Johnboy84

Hello! 2F newbie but with an old friend!

Johnboy84

Hi to all fellow VW enthusiasts!

So I just recently purchased my 2F “Match” edition which was the last of the run out models so came with the sport radar alloys and Sony flip stereo as standard (so a slightly special model 🤣)

What IS so special about this particular car though is that it used to belong to my grandad from brand new and I remember the day that he got it back in 94. Growing up I spent many an hour in the back of his Polo on trips out with my brother. Long story short but the car was sold 8 years ago (my grandad sadly passed away) and that was that......

Fast forward to the present day and after attending a few car shows I have been wanting an old VW in my life to play with (it was an itch I had to scratch) I never thought though that I would actually track down my grandads old Polo!! Even though it had been off the road a few years, a deal was struck (she had changed hands 3 more times and was just festering on a driveway) some fettling and a new battery got the old girl going and I have started to bring her back to her former self (so far, new steering column with ignition, new front wing, tyres, brakes and a service) and I intend to keep her standard as the day my grandad bought her 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks for reading my story, welcome any thoughts/ideas/suggestions! 👌🏻

34E72B69-9503-46D5-B10A-1794A8F925D2.jpeg

046F10D1-663F-46C2-BC7C-D940D7C485DD.jpeg

Edited by Johnboy84

dvderlm

Awesome. You gotta get some tunes from 1994 playing on the Sony.

• Like 1

Johnboy84

Lol I actually need a replacement Sony flip stereo for it it’s long gone 🤣