Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Del73

Hi

Del73

Hi ..my son and i are looking for a project car for his 1st car and with the prices of insurance a polo was a no brainer ..i have been into vw's for years but my son was into his jap cars until he saw the light lol..some of the cars are amazing on here and if ours turns out half as good I'll be happy..

Keep up the good work 

Del and Aaron 

kiran_182

Which car are you going to get?

Del73

I prefer the 6n but son prefers the older models..he wants mk1 golf but not in our price range lol

nige8021

First Welcome to the forum.

The later 6N1 98+ and the 6N2 had a partially galvanised body so corrosion shouldn't be a problem, but they don't have the character as the earlier models and for fault finding on the newer models you'll need ideally a laptop based diagnostic program called VCDS it is free to download the limited function "lite" version and you will need a lead to connect from the laptop to the car and that's around £25~30 on eBay

Del73

Thanks for welcome 

I do like earlier models but the prices are quite steep. The plan is an engine swap for something bit old skool possibly running on idfs and doing away with as much tech as possible. He wants to stick type r engine in but thats sacralidge lol

kiran_182

There is a black gt with a 1.4 16v and bike carbs on thecubpolo fb page. No mot needs sill welding 

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Hi and welcome.

Sounds like you've got the insurance side of things sorted but if you did ever need any help then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.