Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
bucksend

In car audio

bucksend

So we have 2 cars in the family and my tiny run around(Mitsubishi Colt) will see very little rear seat action so  have to opportunity to put an amp/sub whatever in the car at some point in the future.

I was just hoping for a little discussion about what the best setup might be? After a decent sound, not record breaking quality, bass or volume. 

I am guessing components in the front? Somewhere around 5" probably just go with whatever standard is for ease.

Is it worth getting an amp, I have heard a bit about how an amp can greatly improve quality from some decent speakers? 

Sub, I could happily build something into the rear foot well on one side. Or have seen 'compact' under seat subs in the past, though don't imagine they are great.

Anything else I should consider? 6x9s? I see them as a bit 'jack of all trades' though

One of the first bits I'd invest in is a head unit, does it matter which if it's got the features I want?

Thanks in advance

steveo3002

6" components in the front with an amp , proper sub box in the back will give a good sound 

amps make a massive difference  

• Like 1