Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Jheeley

Wiring for passenger door on polo 9n

Jheeley

Hi, I’m putting a remote locking kit into my 9n, I’ve been looking around for the wiring diagram to find out which cables from the passenger door I need to wire to my kit but I can’t find it any where, I have found it for the drivers door but I would rather do it on the passenger side, any advice will be appreciated

nige8021

First welcome to the forum.

If you are trying to fit one of those eBay "universal kits" ?  don't bother, they are not suitable for this model, have a look at this https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/topic/204921-guide-how-to-install-oem-remote-central-locking-in-a-polo-9n-with-original-parts/  it is by far the best way and only sensible way   

Jheeley

Thanks for the quick reply, is there no way I can use the remote locking kit? since I’ve already bought it

nige8021
2 hours ago, Jheeley said:

Thanks for the quick reply, is there no way I can use the remote locking kit? since I’ve already bought it

The locking system on your car uses a single wire to signal lock/unlock and those universal kits use a two wire system either switching a ground signal or +12v it can be made to work but you have to chop into the wiring loom and work out what the resistance is being switched from lock to unlock then substitute that resistance into the switching wires from the universal thing, it's all very hit and miss. 

You are far better off using the OEM system as shown in that link.