Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
astn945

Gearbox Codes

astn945

Hi folks

Recently picked up this 5 speed box for my Polo as a spare part. I've cleaned it up a bit to try and see the code but the numbers/letters I can make out don't seem to tally to any of the codes I've seen that were used in the Mk2/3 Polo's. Does any have an idea what it might be? To me it looks like 8CWN??075

TIA

IMG_20191013_200523.jpg

nige8021

CWN is a 5 speed from a 6N1 

astn945

Will this actually fit my Mk2f AAV engine or require some modification? The current box is an 8P. The casing looks pretty much identical

dvderlm

Looks like any other 085 box to me.

Can't see all of the bottom mount metalwork..

Top mount will transfer from the 8P.

dvderlm

Get a new starter motor bush for it.

astn945

That is bottom mount area

And that's what I was thinking, just transfer the 8P mount as the bolt holes are there for it. I've heard people say you need to swap the output flange over from from the 8P and maybe some other parts to get it work. Also, would my stock drive shafts work with this or will I also need 6N1 drive shafts?

15711766561778648082899727944984.jpg

dvderlm

Bottom mount metal bracket looks standard if grubby Dirt attached from oil. New shaft seal might be sensible too . 

Keep your mk2f driveshafts, a 6n1 is wider track surely?

The rubber mount looks good and strong. You might need to file a hole to elongate it to fit.

Measure the flange diameter. Pretty sure it should be 90mm, (not near my Haynes so not 100% sure) if 100mm can always swap flanges.

Is that cable change mechanism? I've only dealt with rod-change

Edited by dvderlm