Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Brooks6N2

9n3 Headlight Connector Wiring

Brooks6N2

I’m fitting aftermarket LED DRL strips and need to clarify which wires on the front headlight clusters go to which light. I’m after the ground, side light, and indicator. 

I’ve run a multimeter over it and I’m assuming brown is ground, black/green is indicator etc but If someone can list them by wire colour/PIN number that would be great. 

Cheers. 

nige8021

First Welcome to the forum.

Left side light Grey/White Pin 10

Left Indy Black/White Pin 6

Ground Brown Pin 8

Right side light Grey/Red Pin 10

Right Indy Black/Green Pin 6

Ground Brown Pin 8

• Thanks 1

Yeti

Id suggest running via a relay to a supply as close to the battery as possible. An unstable/noisy supply is OK for incandescent bulbs, but can shorten the life of LEDs, particularly lower quality ones. 

• Thanks 1

Brooks6N2

Thanks both. I will look into a relay, I did notice the voltages were noisy, especially on the indicators, so that would be a great long term solution. Any recommendations? 

Yeti

Not particularly. You can get ready-made accessory light looms. I think "vehicle wiring products" probably do a few. They're not the cheapest of places, but their quality is very good.

Also, check for headlight flicker when you steer with your headlights on, as this won't help matters (it's caused by the alternator wiring, or the sensor at the bottom of the steering column). 

Edited by Yeti
  • Thanks 1

Brooks6N2

Great, thanks mate. Will look into it.