Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Cameron hearne

Front wheel bearings

Cameron hearne

Hi, could anyone please advise me I am needing to change my front wheel bearings and I can’t find any which look like the ones in my car which are open race bearings type, I can find sealed bearings which are bigger but does this mean I have to buy a different hub to fit these bearings or is there anywhere which would still sell the old style bearings please? 
my car is a vw polo coupe s mk2 1989 1.3 litre 

if anyone could please help me I would really appreciate it, thanks 

Yeti

If you don't change the hub, you have to remove a spacer collar from it. I thought about doing it once and decided unless I turned it down in a lathe, there was no chance of shifting it. Much, much easier to change the hubs with the bearings, they're not particularly expensive. 

steveo3002

can you show us what these old style bearings look like , as far as im aware theyre all sealed type and easily available