Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Sign in to follow this  
Polo1.23dr1977

polo 1.2 9n keeps unlocking and windows go down?

Polo1.23dr1977

Hi all, Ive got a problem with my daughters polo 9n 3 door. The windows have decided to wind down on there own and car unlocks it self to, and there is a constant clicking coming from the doors after this has happened. Ive temp taking out the fuses for the windows and central locking as a temp measure as im worried car will get wet or items may get stolen.. this started happening last night, when i turn the key left on the drivers side door it sometimes lock the whole car and do windows up but most times it just locks that side, other times it locks whole car, this is the same from passenger side too,if i turn the key right it sometimes wind windows down and only only drivers door and sometimes passenger door.. any one point me in the right direction to solve this issue please, recently fitted new clutch and power steering rack, so seems like a never ending story with faults atm, also ive checked the rubber and wires inside the door hinge area and all seem ok, fuses were ok to 38,39 and 51 i think they were,,,thanks

nige8021

Those symptoms are classic of the microswitch in the door lock failing, the microswitch used to be easily obtainable from Maplins so probably via eBay or for ease just replace the whole door lock assembly, there are plenty of "Chinese" copies on eBay and they are as good as the OEM parts at a fraction of the price 

Polo1.23dr1977

is it both sides failing or will it be the case of finding out which side? and how can i checked this?

Polo1.23dr1977

also can i remove a fuse and just leave the car on manual locking?

Polo1.23dr1977

also is there any instructions how to remove door card and get to it?