Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Polo1.23dr1977

power steering sensor g250 30 00 open or short to plus

Polo1.23dr1977

hi all any help with this code? polo 00816 power steering sensor g250 30 00 open or short to plus..

recently had a steering rack change - second hand one, and ive had tracking done. also tried a different g250 sensor but still get the light come on dash with steering wheel picture

also a abs code comes up also,anyone help me check the values of the steering rack when it moves in vcds and all i get is activate it? do i go on single reading? ive got the free version 

Edited by Polo1.23dr1977

caretakerplus

Welcome to the Forum.

Before we go any further with this, can we confirm the YEAR of your Polo, as what you are saying here doesn't add up.

Regards

nige8021
1 hour ago, caretakerplus said:

can we confirm the YEAR of your Polo, as what you are saying here doesn't add up.

A bit of searching of the OP's other posts, it would appear to be a 54 plate 9N1 

Pete1

What year of car did the replacement rack come from? Did it come with a G250 sensor fitted?

The G250 sensor, and the pick-up it looks at on the rack changed at some point in history I think, so maybe you've got mismatch?

End of Jan 2003 was the changeover as far as I can tell from this: https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo+derby+vento-ind/po/2005-253/4/423-423040/

Pete1

What's the ABS fault code you're seeing?