Is the Social Still going ahead

Last week I spoke to Billing and they are reviewing the planned events on a weekly basis with regard to the information they have been given by HMG, at present there is no reason to cancel the event, we agreed to talk again in the middle of next month. 

As I'm sure you can appreciate things are changing almost on a daily/hourly basis, so keep checking the news and stay safe, if there is anything that changes we will let you know ASAP

• Like 2

Just received an email from Billing

An update from Pure Leisure regarding Coronavirus

Coronavirus Update Monday 23rd March 

These are unprecedented times in which we all have a responsibility to consider not just ourselves but society as a whole, with that in mind at Billing Aquadrome we are having to make some difficult decisions/ take actions which were unimaginable a few weeks and days ago.

It is with a heavy heart that we must announce that we have closed all facilities on park with immediate effect.

We are communicating with all holiday home hire, touring, camping and glamping bookings arriving before 1st June 2020 with an offer to transfer their booking to later on in the season. No arrivals will be accepted after today, Monday 23rd March. We are prioritising imminent arrivals, if you have a holiday booked with us between now and the 1st of June we politely ask that you wait for us to contact you. The phone lines are extremely busy and we will try our best to contact you as soon as possible. If you have a holiday booking please wait to be contacted by our team as our phone lines are currently extremely busy.

So we now wait and see if this 1st June date is moved, I will update as and when information is forthcoming 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have just spoken to Mario at Billing Aquadrome and at this time our event is still good to go ahead, they will be making the decision on the July events in 3 weeks time, based on the advice given by the Government.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Social Update,
I have just looked on the Billing website and it says "Postponed" however I have not heard anything from their events manager Mario,  So I will chase this up tomorrow and see what he has to say.
Strange thing is the Landy show the weekend before is still showing as going ahead ???
  • Like 1

Mario is no longer working at Billing so we are now dealing with the head office and the general manager at Billing.

The 4th June is the latest date we will know for certain what's happening but if there is any other news before this date we will let you know, basically Billing are in the hands of the government as to when/if the camping sites can re-open.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nige8021 said:

Mario is no longer working at Billing so we are now dealing with the head office and the general manager at Billing.

Surprise, surprise...

Forehead, then Super Mario, whose next to make them lose money? Should offer yourself for the role Nigel and sort it out as they're clearly incapable.

• 3 weeks later...

Social Update

The decision has been made to postpone the event for this year, as there is no certainty around the venue being fully open and with travel restriction in place for Scotland and Wales means many people would not be able to attend anyway, and as it would of been the 20th Anniversary we would like to ensure all our members could attend.

Anyone who has already booked the payments have 12 months credit or can be refunded

If you have already booked/paid you need to contact Pure Leisure bookings on 01524 781453 and give your booking referance # and either request a refund or to move your booking to the weekend of 2/3/4th July 2021

• 10 months later...

On 09/06/2020 at 13:30, nige8021 said:

If you have already booked/paid you need to contact Pure Leisure bookings on 01524 781453 and give your booking referance # and either request a refund or to move your booking to the weekend of 2/3/4th July 2021

Any word on a 2021 Polo social?

Edited by JordonVW

• 2 weeks later...

In a word, no

We're not planning to do anything this year due to unclear advice from Gov and Billing so erring on the cautious side, not a decision we wanted to make but things are changing all the time so if we're able to do something we'll get details up sharpish

• 2 weeks later...