Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
George20

VW mk2 polo bready camshaft bearing cap nuts

George20

Hi, have replaced by camshaft bearing cap studs (they are m8x56 double ended studs). I am wondering either if there is a specific vw nut which will yield correctly or be 'proper' and not a snappy ebay special boi. Is there a m8 bolt I can buy in a type of steel that will be best too?

Any help 

Cheers 

George 

George20

Ye I have realised this now after buying m8 double ended stud... not exactly end of world tho (3 quid for two). But yes thanks a lot. Parts 13 and 14 is what I need, will install and see how it goes. 

Also on another note changed my carb flange yesterday due to the other one having separated into two halves pretty much. I guess 30 years does that. I might get the right fuel air mix now that there are no other holes 🤣.

George20

Thanks a lot, v helpful 👍 

Cheers 

caretakerplus

Remember to keep those bearing caps in order AND the same way round as they came off.

Regards