Notice to Hotmail/Gmail & BT Internet users - Please check your SPAM/JUNK folders for our emails. Please add our email as a contact to your email account.
Danny Massam

electric window problems on 9N

Danny Massam

I have a 2008  1.2 polo match, 3 door with a passenger window which will not operate from the drivers switch or the passenger  door switch . I checked the wiring in the rubber door gaiter on the drivers door side  and found that water had got into the connector blocks which plug in to the body  side  junction box causing serious corrosion. I cleaned the door side connectors but found a pin to be broken inside the  connector mounted in the car  body between the hinges. This may be the cause of the failed window. please could you tell me the name or part number for the half of this connection which is mounted in the car side between the hinges . It is mounted in a white frame which the gaiter clips in to . The connector incorporates three individual plugs. Thanks.

Pete1

The individual connector housings are all listed as item 63 (three separate, different part numbers for the 4-way, 21-way and 5-way housings) here: https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo+derby+vento-ind/po/2008-461/9/971-972082/

I think those would come empty of contacts/wires if you managed to order them new from VW, so you might need to research further what the part numbers are of the crimp contacts matching each of those housings (cos that's what you really need, or ideally pre-wired versions of these connectors).  What the part number is for the white frame that houses them, I have no idea.  I tried to remove one from the metalwork just yesterday without success. Did you get anywhere with that?

Which pin of which connector was it that you found corroded/broken? (Which door loom wire colour goes to it)

Edited by Pete1

Danny Massam

Thanks for getting back to me . I will have a closer look at the connector and identify the colour of the wire feeding the broken pin. Will keep you posted. Thanks.